• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is there a reason my tv looks like it has a layer of grease on it amd gpu

Soldato
hey guys for some reason when i use my pc on my tv it looks like im looking through a layer of grease on the screen, happened a while back on my 5700 radeon after a driver update and is also happening on my 7800xt, i have tried messing with every setting imaginable on both the tv i extend to and my gpu and im confused :p

the gigabyte m32q monitor is fine but as soon as i extend to tv it looks all dull as hell, i sometimes extend to tv to watch stuff on a bigger panel but this is putting a downer on it :( any ideas?

Soldato
Are you adjusting things for the PC to TV via PC settings, or are you also doing so with the TV settings?

The two can mesh poorly at times, the content you're getting from your TV from other sources is going through an entirely different process to what you're transmitting via your PC.

Associate
It could be a mismatch between the resolution of the TV and the resolution being output from the graphic card. The TV is then having to scale the image (badly) to fit it's native resolution. What is the model number of the TV?

Associate
You'll need to do some troubleshooting then. Try unplugging the m32q and use the Samsung as the primary monitor.

Do you have a different hdmi cable that you could try? A high speed one that is known to work at 4k resolutions.

Is there an info screen on the TV which shows details of the signal being received, resolution, refresh rate etc?

Maybe a photo of what you are seeing might help as well.

Soldato

How to Configure Color Depth within Radeon™ Software​

Selecting the Desired Pixel Format for an HDMI Display​

AMD Radeon Settings provides support for the following formats for HDMI displays:

• YCbCr 4:4:4 Pixel Format
  • YCbCr 4:2:2 Pixel Format
  • RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB)
  • RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB)

Have a read of these your issue sounds like one of these, make sure the colour depth bit setting is right for the tv and also Pixel format if limited or full range, if the TV accepts full or limited HDMI (The RGB format contains Limited (16-235 bits) and Full (0-255 bits) options which represents the range of the white and black levels that can be displayed.)

Also make sure TV is set to PC HDMI in or Game setting for HDMI input, or make sure any setting is setup right and the HDMI ports are set correctly on the TV to to accept full or limited RGB formats. Also make sure to be using the correct resolution and refresh rate of the TV the 60hz/120hz/VRR.

HDMI cable needs to be in spec too to make sure no issues and in working order and length in spec for the speed HDMI, if using a long HDMI cable to the TV that can cause issues too and may need a fibre optical type HDMI cable to get the TV and GPU working correctly.

Cable like this :-

FIBBR 8K HDMI Fiber Optic Cable 20M, 48Gbps 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable/AOC Support 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz/144Hz HDR eARC Dolby Atmos HDCP 2.2&2.3 Compatible with PS5, Xbox Series X, PC, TV​

These cables are directional so make sure they are connected correctly and if any cable you may have too that maybe directional.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also make sure HDR is turned off in Windows.

You don't need it on to view HDR content, it's awfully implemented for general use and can make your screen look really weird.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
took pics but tbh with my camera on the note 10+ they actually look ok and imgr is playing up and giving me this....

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.​

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

when i try to go to my library of pics lol

it does that some times, the main problem is every thing is just completely washed out and pics dont show it, every thing else on the tv is fine be it the ps4/5 the switch the steam deck it is only my pc when i put the pc on it, high chance its the cable :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

How to Configure Color Depth within Radeon™ Software​

Selecting the Desired Pixel Format for an HDMI Display​

AMD Radeon Settings provides support for the following formats for HDMI displays:

• YCbCr 4:4:4 Pixel Format
  • YCbCr 4:2:2 Pixel Format
  • RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB)
  • RGB 4:4:4 Pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB)

Have a read of these your issue sounds like one of these, make sure the colour depth bit setting is right for the tv and also Pixel format if limited or full range, if the TV accepts full or limited HDMI (The RGB format contains Limited (16-235 bits) and Full (0-255 bits) options which represents the range of the white and black levels that can be displayed.)

Also make sure TV is set to PC HDMI in or Game setting for HDMI input, or make sure any setting is setup right and the HDMI ports are set correctly on the TV to to accept full or limited RGB formats. Also make sure to be using the correct resolution and refresh rate of the TV the 60hz/120hz/VRR.

HDMI cable needs to be in spec too to make sure no issues and in working order and length in spec for the speed HDMI, if using a long HDMI cable to the TV that can cause issues too and may need a fibre optical type HDMI cable to get the TV and GPU working correctly.

Cable like this :-

FIBBR 8K HDMI Fiber Optic Cable 20M, 48Gbps 8K HDMI 2.1 Cable/AOC Support 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz/144Hz HDR eARC Dolby Atmos HDCP 2.2&2.3 Compatible with PS5, Xbox Series X, PC, TV​

These cables are directional so make sure they are connected correctly and if any cable you may have too that maybe directional.
just bought the 3metre version of that cable ill let you know if it works, if i recall im using a long amazon basics cable about 3 metre atm :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom