Is this the worst advertisement of all time?

Caporegime
OP
Of course it is, it's fashionable to hate on Apple.

Is it fashionable for Apple users to hate on Apple? Because there's an awful lot of Apple users criticising the ad in that thread.

What do you think is bad about it?

* it's an insult to creativity
* it's spectacle over communication
* it's a shocking waste of creative instruments and tools
* it fails to present a compelling reason to purchase the product
* it focuses on the thickness of the product (as if this is some great achievement) while failing to convey its creative merits
* it's vapid and unimaginative (someone in the comments has pointed out that LG did the same thing years ago, for a phone ad)

That's just off the top of my head. What do you think is so good about it?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised at the amount of people who can't see the problems with it.

My own opinion is that it's showing Apple stomping all over the creativity of others while claiming credit for their work.

It's destroying the instruments that created the music.

Soldato
Is it fashionable for Apple users to hate on Apple? Because there's an awful lot of Apple users criticising the ad in that thread.

* it's an insult to creativity
* it's spectacle over communication
* it's a shocking waste of creative instruments and tools
* it fails to present a compelling reason to purchase the product
* it focuses on the thickness of the product (as if this is some great achievement) while failing to convey its creative merits
* it's vapid and unimaginative (someone in the comments has pointed out that LG did the same thing years ago, for a phone ad)

That's just off the top of my head. What do you think is so good about it?
You might need to explain how it's an insult to creativity, all it's doing is saying all these tools are available in one slimline device, nothing that gets crushed is 'creative' they are just tools of the trade.

It is just a spectacle but hey it's an add designed to get your attention very few adds actually tell you anything really meaningful about a product

I'm not convinced they crushed all that stuff it looks heavily digitised.

The compelling reason is it's tiny and it gives you all the things they crushed into it to use creatively or were we watching a different ad? Maybe that's not compelling to you but it will be to some,(I picked up a couple of year old second hand ipad as to me it represented a much more compelling purchase than a new skinny one).

The thickness is the great achievement of this model as lets face it it is a tiny hardware increment over the last version and both will run the same software. It likely has no other standout features like all incremental tech releases

It's a dull recycled add, so are most this doesn't make it the worst add of all time!

Caporegime
You might need to explain how it's an insult to creativity, all it's doing is saying all these tools are available in one slimline device, nothing that gets crushed is 'creative' they are just tools of the trade.

It is just a spectacle but hey it's an add designed to get your attention very few adds actually tell you anything really meaningful about a product

I'm not convinced they crushed all that stuff it looks heavily digitised.

The compelling reason is it's tiny and it gives you all the things they crushed into it to use creatively or were we watching a different ad? Maybe that's not compelling to you but it will be to some,(I picked up a couple of year old second hand ipad as to me it represented a much more compelling purchase than a new skinny one).

The thickness is the great achievement of this model as lets face it it is a tiny hardware increment over the last version and both will run the same software. It likely has no other standout features like all incremental tech releases

It's a dull recycled add, so are most this doesn't make it the worst add of all time!
I interpreted the ad the same way "Look at all the things we crammed into this thin device."

People getting so butthurt about it makes me despair for humanity just that little bit more.

Associate
I'm genuinely baffled how people are getting so worked up. If nothing had been said I'd have watched the ad, considered it nothing special and forgot about it.
I just don't get the outrage, a few cheap props were destroyed yet you'd think apple just crushed the only musical instruments in existence.

I feel like I relate less and less to society when things like this come up.

Back
Top Bottom