It's too hot :(

Soldato
Taken from a Google search -
Remember that when you see a weather forecast on TV, in a newspaper or on the radio, that anything from 20 degrees upwards is going to be warm, above 25 degrees is hot, above 30 degrees is very hot. Below 20 is cool, below 10 degrees is cold, and below zero degrees means that it will be icy outside as the water will freeze and it will feel very cold outside.
I'm fine with this interpretation.

Associate
Taken from a Google search -

I'm fine with this interpretation.
That's fine, but as I stated it depends on how you personally feel. You can have someone walking about in shorts and tee shirt in winter where most would be togged up and people wearing coats in summer when most would be stripped out as far as they could go

Soldato
That's fine, but as I stated it depends on how you personally feel.
Well, I think you could argue that how you feel is how you feel. 'It's hot' and 'it's too hot for me' are two different things, surely? I would suggest someone stating 19 degrees is 'hot' is basically wrong. Yes, it might be too hot for them, but it's not 'hot' by the popularly accepted definition in the UK.

Associate
Well, I think you could argue that how you feel is how you feel. 'It's hot' and 'it's too hot for me' are two different things, surely? I would suggest someone stating 19 degrees is 'hot' is basically wrong. Yes, it might be too hot for them, but it's not 'hot' by the popularly accepted definition in the UK.
True

Associate
It’s very presumptuous, but I’m sure many of those who complain of struggling when it goes over 16 degrees are overweight. I had an overweight pal (RIP Lennie) who sweated like a Turkey at Christmas as soon as it got over 14-15 degrees.
No not even close, yes being overweight can be a problem(I am classed as obese due to weight but I have no underlying fat layer on my arms or legs just a big abdomen, even there, the amount of fat isn't excessive) but medical conditions can also cause these sorts of responses. Arthritis is one, I have atrial fibrillation so as it gets warmer I feel worse.

Caporegime
No not even close, yes being overweight can be a problem(I am classed as obese due to weight but I have no underlying fat layer on my arms or legs just a big abdomen, even there, the amount of fat isn't excessive) but medical conditions can also cause these sorts of responses. Arthritis is one, I have atrial fibrillation so as it gets warmer I feel worse.
I also have atrial fibrillation and am fine in the heat.

If you lost weight and got to a normal healthy weight, you would deal with it better. You’re hearts in a fib and is struggling to carry that weight around. It’s not all about fat, there’s a multitude of issues that being obese in the heat can cause.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It’s very presumptuous, but I’m sure many of those who complain of struggling when it goes over 16 degrees are overweight. I had an overweight pal (RIP Lennie) who sweated like a Turkey at Christmas as soon as it got over 14-15 degrees.

I struggle in humidity (everyone does).
And I do overheat if I'm doing exercise.

By that I mean if I'm having a gentle walk I'm fine at 35c with low humidity

But if I'm walking up a steep mountain I'll really feel the heat unless I'm in super loose clothes. My legs in particular heat up like crazy. I need to be cold in winter when I start hard walks as when I'm wrapped up I can quickly overheat.
Leggings are great as they are no wear near as bad as trousers (or jeans.. Ewww).
But if I'm wearing enclosed clothing in the heat it really knocks me quick.

Associate
I also have atrial fibrillation and am fine in the heat.

If you lost weight and got to a normal healthy weight, you would deal with it better. You’re hearts in a fib and is struggling to carry that weight around. It’s not all about fat, there’s a multitude of issues that being obese in the heat can cause.
robfosters said:
Indeed, I suffer from hypothyroidism and feel cold a great deal of the time. It’s why my heating is always at about 23 degrees

There's your problem, medical condition

I haven't liked the heat for years even before I started putting weight on. Worked in a factory where you overheated in summer and froze in winter.

Last edited:
Soldato

Im the opposite and I workout 3 times per week ( not as fun when its hot getting sticky and sweaty) and eat fairly healthy other than meal once or twice a week also cycle , once or twice a week I walk and back from the supermarket each trip is around 1hr 10mins of walking I would say Im in decent shape, I just come back and yeah I much prefer doing it when its raining / colder

I've been to places with higher temperatures they dont feel as bad as here, its the humidity here and being in the middle of the city and building not built for it , I think everyone tolerance levels are different some cope better with colder and some when its warmer

Also another big one I can easily warm up when I start walking outside when its freezing and dont feel bothered, but when I do it when its hot I struggle to cool down and also start sweating which doesnt feel nice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom