iTunes album art

Soldato
how do :)

i have all my collection encoded by myself in EAC/LAME, and its just the files with no album art...

is there any easy way to attach the relevant album art to all my albums? i've just installed iTunes in anticipation of my iPod thats on its way :)

( also, does iTunes mess with your files in anyway? i had em nicely organised is all :rolleyes: )

ray

ray

Associate
Hi,

According to the iTunes help file, only music files bought from the iTunes music store will have the artwork automatically added. For files you encoded yourself, you'll have to manually add the image (BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, or Photoshop) to the chosen song/album.

I'm not sure on the second question as I ripped all my songs using iTunes rather than importing an existing collection.

Ray.

ray

ray

Associate
I've not done it myself but I think all you'll need to do is to highlight the songs or albums you want to add artwork for, right click and select 'Get Info', go to the 'Artwork' tab and add the image file you want.

You can highlight multiple songs by pressing down on the Ctrl key and clicking the songs you want.

Hope this helps.

Ray.

Associate
You could try yahoo widgets and the itunes companion widget - this automatically searches for the song youre playing on amazon, and downloads the track details and adds the album picture. I use it - its a bit flakey but its the best solution ive found.

Associate
iTunes hasn't messed with my folder/file structure as it copied/converted all my .wma and mp3's and stored the copies in a new iTunes directory within My Music and stores its files there. All my original files are still where I had them, unchanged.

I use iTunes Art Importer, from http://www.yvg.com/itunesartimporter.shtml

It works in a similar way to the one that zobby mentioned, and gets album art from amazon.com. If it can't fimd the album art for a CD (for instance I got nothing for a couple of albums with [UK] at the end of the title) then just type in the artist name in the override box and it'll return everything amazon has against them and you should find the album you want in there. Just make sure you delete the override text next time you search.

It works fine for me and got the proper album art for every CD I ripped to iTunes, and filled in the art that was missing from the ones I had imported.

Back
Top Bottom