ITX case - SilverStone SUGO 14, any views?

Associate
OP
Hahaha yeah that's the video that made me post about the case....

I have a hyper 212 evo which is 120 x 80 x 159 mm, guessing that would fit without getting in the way of GPU?...

Soldato
Good to know, i really like itx cases that are under a £100. Pretty much set on the coolermaster nr200p but this looks like it could be a contender.

Associate
Was thinking the same. The RTX3080 FE doesn't seem to work well with the Louqe Ghost S1 and not so keen to spend £200+ on another SFF case right now (NCase M1, FormD T1, etc).

Associate
We've just finished testing RTX 3090 FE, the air temperature coming from the fan toward the front was about 50C. So not good for any PSU to intake that type of air unless it's rated for over 50C operating temperature. The RTX 3080 FE "may" be a little cooler but we'd recommend against using FE (Founder's Edition) 3080 and 3090 in the SUGO 14!

Associate
We've just finished testing RTX 3090 FE, the air temperature coming from the fan toward the front was about 50C. So not good for any PSU to intake that type of air unless it's rated for over 50C operating temperature. The RTX 3080 FE "may" be a little cooler but we'd recommend against using FE (Founder's Edition) 3080 and 3090 in the SUGO 14!

Thanks for sharing, have you tested other cards like the Asus TUF?

Associate
OP
Not a great review but I think as I'm planning on moving my atx PSU and all other large bits into it and it fits under TV it could be good option... maybe for new build the nr200 could be better...

Associate
Thanks for sharing, have you tested other cards like the Asus TUF?

Yes, we have tested Gigabyte and MSI 3080 and 3090 cards too, they work well in the SUGO 14 and 15.

Can you turn the PSU around so its fan does not face GPU?

Yes you can, we provide two sets of PSU mounting holes so you can orient the PSU in either direction. But even with PSU fan turn to opposite side, we still wouldn't recommend a FE card in this case.

Not a great review but I think as I'm planning on moving my atx PSU and all other large bits into it and it fits under TV it could be good option... maybe for new build the nr200 could be better...

We didn't go a good enough job to communicate that the SUGO 15 sample we sent to him was not representative of production unit. We wanted our new SUGO cases to be distinctly different in terms of looks and capability, so perhaps those qualities didn't jell with him as he prefers more of those boutique case designs, which the NR200 did well to imitate.

Soldato
We didn't go a good enough job to communicate that the SUGO 15 sample we sent to him was not representative of production unit. We wanted our new SUGO cases to be distinctly different in terms of looks and capability, so perhaps those qualities didn't jell with him as he prefers more of those boutique case designs, which the NR200 did well to imitate.

What is the production unit going to offer versus the sample you sent to Optimumtech? I'd expect immaculate exterior panel quality and finish considering the price step over the SUGO 14.

Associate
What is the production unit going to offer versus the sample you sent to Optimumtech? I'd expect immaculate exterior panel quality and finish considering the price step over the SUGO 14.

We have been making aluminum cases since 2003 so yeah, we also expect our mass production units to have showroom-worthy exterior. Machine cut magnetic strips and smooth thumb screws also should be expected too, which Optimum Tech pointed out in the video. Some of the things he did not mention that SUGO 15 has over the SUGO 14 are high quality nylon filter (vs. PVC filter most PC case use) and Type-C port.

You'll notice that he did not point out any quality issues with the SUGO 14 in the video because the one we sent to him was from our mass production inventory at our Australian warehouse.

Back
Top Bottom