Jamo S 809 bundle vs Dali Oberon 5 5.1 bundle or other?

Associate
Hi all

Going to be moving into a house this year and wanting to get a nice home theatre setup to upgrade my LG CX
Was looking at the Sony HT A9 but it's not been in stock since release in the UK and thinking maybe I go for a bundle package instead.
Any thoughts on the 2 mentioned in the title? My budget was around the price of the HT A9 with sub (so with the recent increase around £2500) all in with receiver and sub.
Other thing to mention is I would prefer a good reciever with HDMI 2.1 functionality so looking at a Denon x2700h or x3700h.
I think that's everything so any advice please let me know as I'm brand new to this world!
Edit: forgot to mention, I would also love Dolby Atmos as well, I know the Denon AVR has an Atmos virtualization capability and I would be able to add atmos speakers later on if needed.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
They boosted the prices on the HT-A9 to £1799.99 now. £200 rise. Meant to be coming in again end of February. However with the new upfiring rear speakers coming and the HT-A7000 soundbar getting the 360 spatial sound update, it wouldn't surprise me if this would surpass the HT-A9 system.

Associate
OP
They boosted the prices on the HT-A9 to £1799.99 now. £200 rise. Meant to be coming in again end of February. However with the new upfiring rear speakers coming and the HT-A7000 soundbar getting the 360 spatial sound update, it wouldn't surprise me if this would surpass the HT-A9 system.
Yeah heard this about the a7000, my problem with the a7000 and any soundbar is I have the LG CX which sits very close to the surface of the tv stand. The living room of the house is such that the tv will have to go in the corner of the room so can't wall mount and the soundbars are higher than the bottom of the LG screen. So for me it's a9 or speakers with nothing in front of the tv

Soldato
Yeah heard this about the a7000, my problem with the a7000 and any soundbar is I have the LG CX which sits very close to the surface of the tv stand. The living room of the house is such that the tv will have to go in the corner of the room so can't wall mount and the soundbars are higher than the bottom of the LG screen. So for me it's a9 or speakers with nothing in front of the tv

Yeah, I had the exact same issue when I had a LGCX. Don't have the problem with my Panasonic JZ1500 as different type stand.

However when I had the LGCX I had one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BONTEC-Universal-TVs-Height-Adjustable-Management-Holds/dp/B07YDLBP6D/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=EFJIVLX13SUX&keywords=tv+stand+bontec&qid=1643992270&sprefix=tv+stand+bontec,aps,54&sr=8-6

If you live near Berkshire welcome to even come and grab it off me as don't need anymore :p

Here was some pictures of it. Can go lower or higher also.

20210402-175300.jpg

20210402-175357-2.jpg

Associate
OP
Yeah, I had the exact same issue when I had a LGCX. Don't have the problem with my Panasonic JZ1500 as different type stand.

However when I had the LGCX I had one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BONTEC-Universal-TVs-Height-Adjustable-Management-Holds/dp/B07YDLBP6D/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=EFJIVLX13SUX&keywords=tv+stand+bontec&qid=1643992270&sprefix=tv+stand+bontec,aps,54&sr=8-6

If you live near Berkshire welcome to even come and grab it off me as don't need anymore :p

Here was some pictures of it. Can go lower or higher also.

20210402-175300.jpg

20210402-175357-2.jpg
Looks good! I get nervous about those kinds of stands that I'm going to put the tv in wrong or it will fall out and wreck the tv hahaha I'm not sure the John Lewis warranty would cover that sort of thing, probably not! What soundbar is that? It literally is the exact Length if the tv!

Soldato
Looks good! I get nervous about those kinds of stands that I'm going to put the tv in wrong or it will fall out and wreck the tv hahaha I'm not sure the John Lewis warranty would cover that sort of thing, probably not! What soundbar is that? It literally is the exact Length if the tv!

Protect plus will cover accidental damage from John Lewis :cool:

Sonos arc, slightly shorter than the TV camera tricks :D

Associate
OP
Protect plus will cover accidental damage from John Lewis :cool:

Sonos arc, slightly shorter than the TV camera tricks :D
Ooooh I have protect plus! Worth considering then. I'm still curious about the HT a9 and the speaker systems mentioned above, particularly the Dali Oberon 5.1

Soldato
Oh also how do you find the Sonos Arc? Do you have the full sub and surround setup too?

Yeah, full lot.

Works fine for my needs. Find if you stick the rears above head height, it's more immersive and can hear both sides then without the wife's side head blocking it :p

I've heard the Ambeo, ht-a7000 & HT-A9 and while all have plusses and negatives, I wouldn't say there is much difference in them. If the Ambeo had rears and a proper sub it would be the one to go with. The HT-A9 outperforms on overhead effects, but that phantom center channel just lacks a bit. 7000 is decent, just feels a bit lifeless on the tuning side of things, but will be interesting to see what it's like when they add the 360 update to it and the upfiring rear speakers. Arc performs really well 5.1 wise, but lacks on the overhead bubble.

Associate
OP
Yeah, full lot.

Works fine for my needs. Find if you stick the rears above head height, it's more immersive and can hear both sides then without the wife's side head blocking it :p

I've heard the Ambeo, ht-a7000 & HT-A9 and while all have plusses and negatives, I wouldn't say there is much difference in them. If the Ambeo had rears and a proper sub it would be the one to go with. The HT-A9 outperforms on overhead effects, but that phantom center channel just lacks a bit. 7000 is decent, just feels a bit lifeless on the tuning side of things, but will be interesting to see what it's like when they add the 360 update to it and the upfiring rear speakers. Arc performs really well 5.1 wise, but lacks on the overhead bubble.
Cool thanks for the info! Might end up going for the Dali Oberon 5.1 package in the end for the increased upgradeability and hopefully better audio quality. But will consider all of the above

Back
Top Bottom