Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Dyno Day today for a giggle with some of "the boys" in the UK... was absolutely roasting but ran well... even at what 32C plus...
1f60e.png
Reckon a few more ponie's in there if this was a cold day... it was SCORCHIO!!! Castle Comb was the location and also after the dyno we headed off to JAPFEST!!!

However, figures were: 446.7bhp@crank (340.3bhp@wheels) with 444.1lbs/602nm of torque! So, what 23.4% drivetrain loss
1f60e.png
1f60e.png

Great bunch of muppets as well, we had some XFR's, lovely M3 and some Saabs... however, it is time soon for the SC!!! Has to be!!! Need more power at the wheels and that SC should give me 100-120bhp@wheels.

x6SmqkJ.jpg

uZ8AgBD.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OWNER UPDATES 3+ YEARS LATER

Well just to give some updates on SRT8 ownership in the 3+ years... so, as in the original post, I bought this Jeep on circa 39,700 miles February 2021 and it was a last of the line (2nd to last WK1 SRT8 registered in UK, in fact probably one of the last WK1's full stop)... so now having owned for over 3 years, it's NEVER let me down once... with the the only replacement being some bushings on the front diff... because I wanted proper poly bushes on it... it's cost me ZERO POUNDS in FIXES. The rest has been purely servicing and maintenance and keeping on top of everything!!! This surely would not be the case with any of the Range Rovers, Jags or German cars of this era? But hey ho, I'm not here to fight with owners of those cars ;)

However, obviously maintenance which basically is; Motor Oil every 3-3.5k miles (Mobile 1 0/40 is expensive at £50 per 5ltr) and you need around 6.5ltrs on a change. I run SRT Dodge Viper oil filters which are around £16 each... then every 10k miles I've dropped the transfer case, all diff and transmission oils, not expensive at all. PCV valve replacement, peanuts... cleaning CAI out and refitting... all the usual stuff and still running the replacement discs (MTEC) and pads (EBC Yellow) I put on soon after buying it... loads of miles left on those!

The SRT8 is now on 62,600 miles and running beautifully, zero bangs, knocks crunching or anything... in fact, I'd say it's running as good or better than when I first bought it. Have to say, considering the reputation of Chrysler products (i.e. appalling) this thing has been an absolute dream to own... and hopefully it continues that way. I think like a lot of cars, you care and put some effort into maintenance... treat them well and they will rewards you... but yeah... you know I've heard all sorts of horror stories with the 2011+ SRT's with the 6.4 engines... MDS causing problems, lifters etc etc... just seems like these "old school" engines are just built better it's as simple as that!

Anyway, It'll be on display at American Speedfest 11 Saturday 08 - Sunday 09 June 2024 at Brandshatch all weekend... so if anyone is there feel free to come over to the SRT section and say hello :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom