Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Man of Honour
Actually I think what pug is doing is exactly how "the way society is being pushed" (and what the market is saying is happening).

People are replacing their everyday cars with efficient/'boring'/electric vehicles and getting their ICE-pill from second, third or even fourth cars that they use infrequently. They use them few and far between, impeccably maintained.

I'd rather pug own it and use it infrequently than someone buy it to drive into the ground.
I thought it was his everyday car

Caporegime
I’m not trying to derail his thread or attack anyone personally.

The World is moving closer to renewable energy sources rather than coal power plants. The World is also moving to electric vehicles at an increasing rate. Before you know it no ice vehicles will be produced.

There is a reason for this people we are all in agreement about this indisputable fact, surely.

So why we can all have our little pleasures in life there is a bigger, more important picture. That’s what I’m saying.

Which seems to be completely irrelevant to this thread then surely? :confused:

That's ignoring the actual scientific facts about the whole electric car phase we seem to be going through, this is very much new territory and will be for some time. There are many variables which need to be eliminated before we can come to concrete conclusions. For example, which of these two is more harmful towards the environment:

1: Building a brand new car, from inception to disposal, including all the lives and child labour it costs along the way.
2: Driving an existing car which requires zero additional resources apart from fuel and consumables.

I get the whole push towards electric vehicles, but I can guarantee you that all these people dropping their 5 year old perfectly serviceable cars for the latest Model 3s and whatnot are doing considerably more damage to the environment and society than someone driving their existing car to the point of it needing to be replaced rather than wanting it to be replaced.

Batteries are extremely nasty things to both manufacture and dispose of, not to mention the actual cost of mining the materials, which are finite as well:

Caporegime
Which seems to be completely irrelevant to this thread then surely? :confused:

That's ignoring the actual scientific facts about the whole electric car phase we seem to be going through, this is very much new territory and will be for some time. There are many variables which need to be eliminated before we can come to concrete conclusions. For example, which of these two is more harmful towards the environment:

1: Building a brand new car, from inception to disposal, including all the lives and child labour it costs along the way.
2: Driving an existing car which requires zero additional resources apart from fuel and consumables.

I get the whole push towards electric vehicles, but I can guarantee you that all these people dropping their 5 year old perfectly serviceable cars for the latest Model 3s and whatnot are doing considerably more damage to the environment and society than someone driving their existing car to the point of it needing to be replaced rather than wanting it to be replaced.

Batteries are extremely nasty things to both manufacture and dispose of, not to mention the actual cost of mining the materials, which are finite as well:

Spot on and my point exactly. I can see the argument that people shouldnt be buying a brand new V8 SRT8 but this vehicle already exists. Its much more environmentally damaging to not use the vehicle to the end of its natural life unless you are going to do 20,000 miles a year in it.

Doobedoo would obviously advocated just scrapping every car which is older than 10 years on the basis that their replacement would be greener to run (not in dispute)

Every classic v8 and V12 Ferrari would need to go to the crushers even if they were worth £5m

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spot on and my point exactly. I can see the argument that people shouldnt be buying a brand new V8 SRT8 but this vehicle already exists. Its much more environmentally damaging to not use the vehicle to the end of its natural life unless you are going to do 20,000 miles a year in it.

You see these people all the time, the drop everything you're doing and go electric you planet killing monster! who then rather adequately demonstrate their lack of understanding of how anything in the process works. Bit odd really.

Permabanned
You see these people all the time, the drop everything you're doing and go electric you planet killing monster! who then rather adequately demonstrate their lack of understanding of how anything in the process works. Bit odd really.
Not really. No one has to drop what your doing and buy electric. I won’t be until it makes sense for me to do so. He can do what he wants but let’s see it for what it is.

Soldato
OP
Na think he has a 6.2l AMG mercedes
ROFL I chuckled then...

Well just so people know, I own three cars (was 4 but I sold the RX8 and the V6 Saab last year) a £400 Xedos 9 2.3 V6 which I use as a day to day car and our 350Z Roadster... Excessive? lol

WOW, all kicked off again hey... amazing how a big engined car can draw such critisim from some. The SRT8 although done more miles than I wanted this year obviously due to first year of ownership and excitment, isn't for a daily as I want to keep the mileage down and keep it as mint as possible. I wanted a V8 since a kid (especially a HEMI) so I've got a V8 and my childhood dream is complete. Everyone to their own is what I say. You wanna drive a V8 or V10 Lambo, go for it, you're on this planet once enjoy it.

Anyway, after all this derailment, we need a V8 video please sir.
Only got these really... the second one is with my 12 year old girl she loved it. Just a bit of fun... but the MX5 came up reving engine etc etc... I'm like... tokey buddy lets play... hahaha...would've been embaressing if he'd had 400bhp in there lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, it's bite the bullet time and tyre change time. Fair few options BUT went with the Falken FK510 Azensis SUV simply because I had the same tyre on my RX8 and my tuned Saab and they were simply fantastic tyres... so, can't complain with the price either: £638 delivered for: 2 x 275/40/20 and rears 2 x 315/35/20... that's some rubber for the price!!!

fal_fk510-suv-01-july20.jpg

Soldato
OP
Well, as I'm now running consdierably bigger/wider wheels, I'm finding that the crappy JEEP mudflaps aren't stopping crap coming up the side of the car so, made my own... IMHO way better! Basically wider now, so I don't get any crap being flung up the wide and stone chips on the paint work!!!

FROM THIS....

XFcNncw.jpg

wledBap.jpg

TO THIS:

lztY8Qz.jpg

5mi3ajU.jpg

5dIQsSR.jpg

Soldato
OP
Well, it was time to upgrade the OEM Factory stereo... happy with the results but not exactly easy to fit either!!! 7" Double Din Android 11, 3GB Ram and 32GB internal storage, runs everything very very quickly! All connected and learned my steering wheel buttons as well which is always a bonus! Couldn't get the rear reversing camera to work however, it's so old hat mine anyway, so I'll pick up a nice trajectory 1080P one this summer and fit that instead! May as well finish the whole thing off!

However... ONE ANNOYANCE... ODB2 connectivity you cant use Vlink or any other connections you have to run a EONON ODB2... or it simply wont connect. This was and is a problem as it allows Torque to use the port but I hate Torque and used Dash Commander for years and Dash Commander wont run on this ODB2...

The only complaint I have is the fitting of it... it will NOT be flush with the fake carbon dash because the heoght of the dash opening is about 3mm too small so ive had to set it back... I originally wanted it flush however like it sat behind now as i dony believe the dash is flat anyway so...
This is my only complaint about the unit so hopefully lets see how long she lasts
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png

aVLklQE.jpg

qAklnzY.jpg

QoN49N1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom