Just had a heart-thumping drive home....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Desmo said:
Nice one Mickey, had me in stitches :D
Thanks.
KaHn said:
Very good mickey
Thanks again.
Sic said:
awesome story, Mickey. i got half way through and was like "this is going to be a joke, isnt it?!"
I think its real.
Davey_Pitch said:
Excellent post Mickey, glad you came out of it all ok. :)
Yes, although I can't remember posting before this one?
Pebbles said:
Great post Mickey :) Glad you're still in one piece!
Again, which post?
Freefaller said:
Great story Mickey, glad it all worked out! Must have been a heck of an evening though!
Not really, just had a quiet one, stayed in.
SoliD said:
haha that is brilliant, another quality story from you mickey! 5*
And thanks again!
wintereverlong said:
well done Mickey!!
And again.
el_dazza said:
Fantastic read mickey
I thought so too!
benneh said:
Scary story Mickey.
I'd not fancy being in his situation either!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
benneh said:
Scary story Mickey. Got to ask though, isnt there a chance that this crazy ass mofo will come back with a gripe?.
See, this is the difference between there and here. You can't go round to someone's house in America and try and terrorise them on their doorstep because you're trespassing and the law says the owner can shoot if you're on his land.

If I'm not mistaken house crime is virtually zero in the States because of this. Would you break into a house knowing you had a high chance of being shot dead?

The other thing you notice in America, not quite so sure about city areas, but out in the burbs the police actually DO SOMETHING when you call them up!!! It helps if you know them but in the small towns that's inevitable.

Mickey D, damn glad you're ok :D

Soldato
My god.....who do you think you are? Chuck Norris? :p

Seriously, well done tho. Nice to know you're just across the state line if ever I get in trouble :D

I also gather from reading your posts in the past that being in dangerous situations is probably nothing new to you. I think most of us would have "bricked it" tbh :)

Soldato
We need to be able to defend ourselves like that in this country, we have road rage too, I myself have been followed home by a complete prat before, just because I sounded my horn at him for pulling out in front of me and nearly causing an accident. We should also be on first-name terms with our local law enforcement, but since policing is more of a business than a service these days...

Soldato
Mickey_D said:
He pulls up behind my car (with two 150W security lights shining right in his face, me in a dark garage) and climbs out. Only to hear the double click of the .303 Lee Enfield rifle chambering an armour piercing round. He (first sign of intelligence he's shown) freezes on the spot. I tell him he is directly in the sights of a high powered military rifle with an armour piercing round in the chamber, my wife is on the phone with the sherrif, and if he so much as twitches, the first round goes through his engine block. If he continues to move, the next round goes through him. He makes the second intelligent choice of his evening and remains perfectly still.

I read all of that (especially this /\ bit) in a Clint Eastwood style voice :D

Do ya feel lucky punk? Well? Do ya? :D

Great story mate ;)

Soldato
OP
benneh said:
Scary story Mickey. Got to ask though, isnt there a chance that this crazy ass mofo will come back with a gripe?.

I actually highly doubt it. By his reg plate he's from out of town. WAY out of town. There's probably about a 1% chance he even has half a clue how to get back to my house.

It's wierd, I woke up this morning (after 10:00 AM) with a MONSTER headache. Called the doc and asked him if it could have anything to do with last night's activities. After a brief "WTF?!?" pause, he tells me that too much adrenaline in your system when you go to sleep can induce migranes!! :eek:

Never knew that. Learn something new every day.......

Soldato
Mickey_D said:
military rifle with an armour piercing round in the chamber [...] He's in a t-shirt.

They make armoured t-shirts in the US? :p

Hehe, nice going man, I'd probably crap myself...did he give any sort of explanation to you? Or the sheriff? Was he just trying to be hard or whatever?

Soldato
OP
Not sure, but I think he was drunk.

And as for the AP rounds, heh. They're all I have for that rifle at the mo.....

VERY effective for stopping a car's engine, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom