just ordered myself one of these Jonsplus Z20

Soldato
I love that MATX is coming more into popularity now, probably due to the fact that ITX motherboards costs an arm and a leg.

I've built a few MATX recently and have been impressed. They seem very good value, too. I've suddenly started to question whether I really need full-sized boards now.

Soldato
I've built a few MATX recently and have been impressed. They seem very good value, too. I've suddenly started to question whether I really need full-sized boards now.

This is exactly why i moved to ITX, the compact size means i can build a much smaller computer that can fit anywhere on my desk or off. The only thing i miss is being able to fit more than 2 or 3 nvme drives but it's never that big of a deal as i can just buy a bigger size drive :cry: .

Associate
I'm starting to think that plugging a massive gfx card into an ITX board makes no sense. The 3+ slots the gfx card takes up might as well be used by MATX - it will be cheaper and have more M.2 slots.

This z20 case is a perfect example of that. @wattsy has it arrived yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm starting to think that plugging a massive gfx card into an ITX board makes no sense. The 3+ slots the gfx card takes up might as well be used by MATX - it will be cheaper and have more M.2 slots.

This z20 case is a perfect example of that. @wattsy has it arrived yet?

I do use ITX for my builds mostly but yes for a 2nd build or building for friends then mATX has made a lot of sense.

I like this case plus the Deepcool CH160 but the mATX support is a big positive. I would personally still install an SFX PSU in either despite the extra cost due to how much more space you gain.

Both annoyingly hard to get hold of though.

Just going to mention the Jonsbo N3 case for a good all-round project case that can do serious storage and a modest gaming rig too. Using an M.2 card to 6 SATA ports is the party trick for that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom