Just setup an Asus Dark Knight RT-N66U router and it's...

Associate
Hope the OP doesn't mind me hijacking this thread briefly.

Just got one of these myself for my FTTC based internet connection which was installed this morning. Was just checking the logs to see what it had been up to and noticed the system time was out. However I can't seem to change this. If I change the time zone setting to GMT under Administration>System there is no save option. The apply button at the bottom of the screen comes up with a message saying 'this port is for Cloud Disk' If I move off this tab the settings are lost. Means I can't change the system password either!

Firmware 3.0.0.4.374_168

Last edited:
Soldato
My current router an old Netgear 834GT the time is set by a remote server. So i'd imagine it's the same with this router and the time will correct itself within the day if you have net access.

Caporegime
Nice bit of advice to the person who recommended upping wireless power to 100mw, did mine last night and in my backyard where i was lucky to get 1 bar of wifi signal, i now get 3-4 and its a lot more quicker too.

Just hope that doing this doesnt cook the router:p

Associate
100mw is nothing, as it's the limit imposed by the government for use on those frequencies. In other parts of the world, this actual router will go up to 250mw. You can hack it to go up that high but I dont think it makes much difference tbh, as at that level you probably run in to issues with power on the devices you use, unless you hack them aswell :D

I tried it out to test it, but didnt really make much difference for me.

Associate
If you are in england it will limit it to 100mw. Unless you have hacked the region code on the router. Mine says it'll go to 200 too, but it does limit it.

If you want 100mw through both 2.4ghz and 5ghz antennas then put them both on it. :)

Permabanned
200mW. Jesus. You want to warm your milk by the router? :D

I thought upping the power limit only benefited if you used high gain aerials.

Interesting about hacking the region code. Will this also allow me to use channel 14? Can I do this on Merlin's F/W with the AC-66U?

Associate
Has any 1 managed to set the Asus 68u up using sky fiber? I've used wire shark to get my username and password. How ever I am now lost on what tabs/settings to select..

I just did this about an hour ago.

Make sure you do two things :

a) Use Merlin's firmware. I used this one
b) Copy and paste the username@password into the WAN/Internet Connection/Manual clientid (for some ISPs) field and then apply.

Reboot the kit and away you go.

Back
Top Bottom