Just watched the worst film in history :(

Associate
The Cube -
It was on the other night, the readup in the tv mag looked quite good and the reviewer gave it 3 out of 4 stars, so I decided to tape it for another night. (*note to self* dont believe the tv mags).

That another night came last night and I sat down to watch it, the story is that there are 7 people (seen better acting on eastenders) trapped in this cube thing and there are doors on each of the 4 walls, 1 on ceiling and 1 on the floor.

Behind some doors are traps and some just another cubular room, a lot of fast forwarding later and it appears that the whole of the film is set inside these rooms (guessing they used a quater of the budget of the Blair Witch Project :p ).

I forwarded it to the end and 1 bloke solves the puzzle and walks into a bright light. Brilliant :mad: Anyone else waste an hour of there time on this rubbish. It was that bad, it was comical.

Associate
come on, the world film in history is clearly kazaam! with our good friend shaquille o neill.

my eyes :(

what possessed me to watch that i'll never know.

Che

Che

Associate
It's not terrible, it's very original. It's hardly the best film in the world but not the worst by any stretch of the imagination.

And it has Ezri Dax in it :cool:

Soldato
obviously not a sci-fi fan then!

i feel that cube is one of the best films i have watched in the sci-fi genre :) followed at the moment by cypher, but i have THX-1138 to watch tomorrow.

if you're intent on watching and analysing a movie, then this one is great, really great. if you just want to sit down and watch something and not have to think, then stick to plain old action films :)

cube is part of a trilogy, followed by Hypercube and then a prequel to cube called Cube zero.

j00ni said:
(ie wtf is the cube, how did they get there, etc)

watch cube zero :)

Soldato
I love Cube, one of my all-time favourite films! I think the ending is a little daft, but you kind of have to suspend your disbelief for some parts (ie wtf is the cube, how did they get there, etc), but it is an excellect, claustrophobic movie with top acting. I love the simplicity of it all, partly due to a very low budget, letting you concentrate on the charachters and how they have to adapt to each other's strengths to survive.

I think you should give it another try, if you are expecting a mindless blockbuster you will be disappointed, but it is a fantastic psychological thriller

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
cube is part of a trilogy, followed by Hypercube and then a prequel to cube called Cube zero.
If you are trying to get him to like cube, watching the two others in the trilogy will not help - both are dire in comparison (imo of course :p)

SidewinderINC said:
watch cube zero :)
Have done, and I thought it spoiled it. I believe the not knowing adds far more to the atmosphere - furthering their confusion and despair at their situation. Also makes it more sinister (as far as I'm concerned a far more effective device for horrors/thrillers is the thret coming from an unseen enemy or orchestrator - as our imaginations are often much better than any sfx/props as we will tend to imagine our own personal worst nightmare)

Last edited:
Soldato
j00ni said:
If you are trying to get him to like cube, watching the two others in the trilogy will not help - both are dire in comparison (imo of course :p)

heh, i think hypercube is good for the physicsheads out there, and cube zero just really finishes off what you're trying to work out from cube.

obviously cube is the best of them, but i still liked the others :)

Soldato
I liked Cube (also Hypercube and Zero), IMDB says others do as well. What was it you didn't like about it? Sounds like you didn't have the patience for it. It's a film that raises more questions than it answers. The viewer knows as much as the people in the cube. It's an independent film and quite experimental, but I found it had a great premise and a real sense of isolation. Very disturbing in a "wouldn't want to be there" kind of way.

Soldato
I love Cube.

The worst film ever is The Wraith starring Charlie Sheen.

1) Plot makes no sense, including various events that happen without reason.

2) Cast are unbelievable, even in appearance alone. The lead gang member is trying so hard to be nasty that he pulls a flick-knife out with practically every prolongued dialogue.

3) Nothing makes sense, even at the end - perhaps the most confusing was why the female lead did not remember her love affair with Charlie Sheen until right at the end.

Permabanned
Agr3sive said:
The Cube -
(guessing they used a quater of the budget of the Blair Witch Project :p ).

The quality of a film is not dictated by the size of the budget :rolleyes:

But I guess your one of these people that think spending $150 Million on a film like mission impossible 3 makes it good because of all the explosions and special effects :confused:
A decent script and good actors is far more important than a massive budget imho!! Both can be obtained on a small budget if you know what your doing!!

Associate
OP
Whoa, didnt think I was going to find anyone who liked the film, let alone a whole thread of people :) to tell you the truth I just thought the film was too flat and had no story.

I know that the storyline was so far-fetched that it must have been hard for the characters to pull off a believable performance, but at times the acting was rubbish, when the blonde haired woman was sticking up for the handicapped lad, you could see she was reading script and not acting very well.

And to the person who analysed me as to thinking that all low budget films are rubbish, thats not the case at all, I loved Blair Witch and have many others on dvd, I just dont like films where they have a 14ft by 14ft room for the whole film and change the colour of the glass to make a new scene.

Man of Honour
The worst film ever still hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

8 Crazy Nights takes the cake. Swiftly followed by a film about someone who has an affair. And thats it.

Awful films. And I stuck with them both to the end. They were both chosen by my other half too. Oh no, she won't forget it.

nick_cfc said:
i decided to never believe TV mags when one said about Family Guy

"trys to be as funny as the Simpsons and fails"

what do they know?
A lot by the sounds of that bit :) Not the best thing to use to prove your point.

Permabanned
Bad Taste and Cube are both great?

Worst film ever has to be either Shark Attack 3 (Mexican version) or any/all of the Matrix films.

*n

Back
Top Bottom