Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Watched this today and it was pretty decent. Another solid installment and continuation to the story. Thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next!!

Soldato
Loved the original ones, even the dumb sequels but more of I've watched the first (and best) may as well watch the rest sigh

Tim burtons was just okay, not memorable but nice to see another take. Dumb ending.

Rise, dawn and war was a great trilogy nicely finished, decent story and amazing effects. Would regularly watch all three in a row at least once a year (along with the originals)

Watched kingdom today and while visually it was impressive, wasn't digging it as much as the previous 3. Far far far too much riding of horses and standing around. May not go see the next ones and wait for online.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loved the original ones, even the dumb sequels but more of I've watched the first (and best) may as well watch the rest sigh

Tim burtons was just okay, not memorable but nice to see another take. Dumb ending.

Rise, dawn and war was a great trilogy nicely finished, decent story and amazing effects. Would regularly watch all three in a row at least once a year (along with the originals)

Watched kingdom today and while visually it was impressive, wasn't digging it as much as the previous 3. Far far far too much riding of horses and standing around. May not go see the next ones and wait for online.

As I recall the ending of Tim Burton's movie was actually the closest so far to that in Pierre Boulle's original novel. Of course that doesn't automatically make it good. ;)

Soldato
First film in a while I've watched where I've started wondering when the end would come, visually it looks well but we've already had this storyline several times already and after how good the previous trilogy was this just didn't hit for me.

Caporegime
What a complete and utter nothing burger.... 6-7/10

There is literally nothing wrong with the CGI its fine, all the characters are "fine" but you've seen this before. Every cliche, every beat is a reboot of a reboot.
There is nothing to this.
Sequels, yipee, who cares??? go watch the originals and then some new ones and mix it up in your head.
It teases you with scenes and tiny crumbs of planet of the original apes which will probably be missed by the new, new, new audience...
Its just bland. We going to retread "yet again" the same boring pocket of humans fight for survival BS? Battle for the planet of the apes...... I'd rather see a pg tips advert where all the monkeys are living in late stage capitalism and they have an HIV epidemic because some weirdo chimpanzee boned a "nova" then ate her brains.

Last edited:
Soldato
Worst installment of the reboot. Some parts dragged on.

Nova seemed to know every nook and cranny re the silo and even went it alsome
Proxima looked wasted. They should have shown him way early on. Was he really bad because they should have shown him killing a few people or apes. He also looked like he wanted to benefit apes and learn. I wonder if he's still alive. They should have shown the tribe of echoes in their hiding place etc.

Associate
Worst installment of the reboot. Some parts dragged on.

Nova seemed to know every nook and cranny re the silo and even went it alsome
Proxima looked wasted. They should have shown him way early on. Was he really bad because they should have shown him killing a few people or apes. He also looked like he wanted to benefit apes and learn. I wonder if he's still alive. They should have shown the tribe of echoes in their hiding place etc.

I haven't watched the trilogy before this, and haven't seen any of the other iterations, although I did watch the original series in the 70's with Roddy McDowell.

Therefore, this may be a moot point as perhaps I've missed a lot of backstory, but I agree with all the comments in your Spoiler.

Soldato
I haven't watched the trilogy before this, and haven't seen any of the other iterations, although I did watch the original series in the 70's with Roddy McDowell.

Therefore, this may be a moot point as perhaps I've missed a lot of backstory, but I agree with all the comments in your Spoiler.
Part 1 of the reboot is the best out of the lot imo.

Back
Top Bottom