Kobyashi to Renault and bringing €30mil Panasonic sponsorship?

Man of Honour
Would be great to see him in 2010.
Certainly interesting that Panasonic are following him - I suppose that $30million is a good incentive for people to sign him. Also, Renault were looking for a $30million investment to keep in F1 iirc.

Man of Honour
Interesting...

We know Renault are looking for sponsors and while Kobyashi has made the odd mistake he hasn't made any more than Grosjean and seems a fair bit quicker.

I wonder how this fits with the other rumour than the team may end up as Nissan rather than Renault at some point.

Soldato
Wow, second or 3rd best place for him to go!

I would have personally liked him to be under the winds of an established master of F1, probably under Rubens at williams as someone like that would help him a lot, but getting Renult afloat and given Kubicas need for a team mate to really keep him on his toes (last year he only did a few good drives after nick really put it to him)

Means they'll be my second team of next year (behind williams and merc if MS comes back...)

Associate
I always thought Panasonic only sponsored Toyota as it was essentially payment in kind for all the business Toyota give them.

So Panasonic actually sponsoring Renault out of their own pocket seems a little off - unless Toyota have kindly asked them to support 'their' Japanese talent.

Soldato
Good to have someone to stir things up. I would say F1 was getting stale with less and less daring overtakes, but this season was very good despite that, thanks a lot to Button actually. Next season should be great.

Back
Top Bottom