Laurence Fox

Associate
What are people's thoughts on this guy and his opinions?

Have massive respect for him with courage he is showing voicing his opinions despite all the abuse he gets. His opinions are not even that extreme just not 'woke' like all the pathetic celebrities these days.

Do wonder why he is doing it though the amount of abuse he gets and the fact his acting career is now essentially finished because of it.

Soldato
I'm a huge fan, he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to do so in the face of nightmarish opposition in a backwards world.

I support him in pretty much everything he says, and those that disparage him I can only assume haven't actually taken the time to hear him out. He's very reasonable in his statements and is open to discuss them with anyone that asks.

I say that those who are against him only dislike him for the above reason because the alternative is disturbing to me, if they genuinely believe the abject nonsense he's against the world is a scarier place than I thought.

Caporegime
I'm all for people speaking their mind to the extent that anyone can choose to hold those opinions in contempt - or agree with them. To reduce it to say that he hasn't been heard out is misleading at best.

Associate
I've only ever seen him on Question Time.

He was outspoken, expressed some fairly positive views of British society, and got a round of applause (i was pleasantly surprised by this) for pointing out the hypocrisy of some bird who called him privileged and white.

I liked him.

Soldato
Interestingly Triggernometry just had themselves cancelled despite being largely Liberal in their views. They have to find a new studio due to outside pressure, though I'm not sure who specifically it came from.

As for Lawrence Fox, his views aren't even remotely controversial. He is just sensible and seemingly isn't afraid to push back against some of the insanity. I like him.

Soldato
Interestingly Triggernometry just had themselves cancelled despite being largely Liberal in their views. They have to find a new studio due to outside pressure, though I'm not sure who specifically it came from.

As for Lawrence Fox, his views aren't even remotely controversial. He is just sensible and seemingly isn't afraid to push back against some of the insanity. I like him.

There's a mad rush to cancel anyone that doesn't fall in line of late.

Triggernometry are great, they open their doors to pretty much anyone that's willing to be interviewed -- which is how it should be.

There's anti-brexit, pro-brexit, left and right on there.

There is a bit of a lack of (hard) left views if only because many refuse to be interviewed for some reason.

Soldato
I personally like him. Have heard him on a few times and agreed with the stuff he said on those occasions. He just won't accept the mess that we've ended up with. For which I certainly agree with.

People hear anything left-leaning now and you're instantly communist, ********* or "comrade" and so on. Which is hilarious as they're the most sensitive and likely will hate people like Laurence.

Caporegime
In times when women are being persecuted by friends for dating Trump supporters (true story I read earlier) it's refreshing to see someone embracing diversity of thought and freedom of expression, too many people today are guilty of just cowardly trying to blend in with the herd and not be noticed by not having any values of their own other than the positions fed to them by their echo chamber/social bubble.

It's easy to see how countries fall to tyrannies when people stop being individuals with strong moral values and just go along with the crowd for an easy life.

Man of Honour
I watched the second video posted by @Gray2233 in its entirety. I know nothing about him beyond that.

My first thoughts were that his song was horrible. Being ‘anti-thought police’ seems so inherently obvious to me that whenever anyone waves a banner I’m always sceptical as to what is more important for the banner waver; the issue, or feeling good / smug for being on the right side of the argument? Anyone that takes ‘a stand’ I always think ‘yeah, yeah....’

It did touch on being a little smug at times in the whole: “yes, we are so correct on this topic” in respect of the group interacting as a whole, but ultimately I quite liked him and his frankness, on quite a few topics. I agree with him that boys should be boys and that boys can be encouraged to win if they want to win. The situation with him being dissuaded from cheering on his boy at a school sporting event was very odd...

I also agreed with his thoughts in respect of modern Hollywood films. It is all a little stiff if the natural dynamic between men and women (by virtue of their differences) is neutered.

Twitter is extraordinarily strange. I have never really read it but I signed up recently for a competition and all there people on there are nuts. It’s so extreme and frenzied. Makes me quite uneasy tbh. I agree that it’s not really a healthy place to even lurk.

The thing I agreed with most was his comment that most people only really find satisfaction when they devote their lives to something greater than themselves - in his case religion. It made me really laugh when he followed up that profound comment by saying “praying with my children, that’s the thing that stops me saying..... I’d quite like to cut off your head.” :eek: :D

Soldato
I like him solely on the fact that he has the balls to stand up against cancel culture whilst in the acting world. Pretty much done himself out of a lot of work by having the "wrong" opinions.

His music is marmite but I'll let it slide given he's a welcome opponent to the rabid hard left in the public arena. I think he considers himself a classic Liberal?

Soldato
I watched the second video posted by @Gray2233snip

Thank you for taking the time to watch one of those interviews.

I do agree with a lot of what you've said, I think he's inherently a tad snobbish, but I do think he owns the fact if that makes sense?

Ultimately I don't think he's said anything that's bad or wrong, or lacks understanding. Which is what a lot of certain types are trying to claim, he's bad and awful due to X and Y. When you listen to him, whether you agree or not I would say he's pretty damn mild in his views.

A ton of courage for the climate and said views, regardless of my opinion on them I have to respect the man.

Back
Top Bottom