Laurence Fox

Caporegime
Caporegime
Ouch. There's a bruise that's gonna linger.

'Laurence Fox told to pay £180,000 in libel damages.'

Laurence Fox has been ordered to pay £90,000 in damages each to two people he referred to as "paedophiles".

The actor-turned-politician lost a High Court libel case with former Stonewall trustee Simon Blake and drag artist Crystal.

The remarks on X, formerly Twitter, came in an exchange about Sainsbury's marking Black History Month.

Mrs Justice Collins Rice said the comments were "gross, groundless and indefensible".

In a post after the ruling, Mr Fox said he intended to appeal.

Soldato
What's with the huge damages payments in cases like this these days? That seems a bit high to me for basically behaving like kids in the playground and calling each other names. How do they calculate these sums? I doubt anyone seriously thought that the people he was ranting at were actual paedophiles given the context.

Maybe I'm just getting old but it seems a bit like someone running off to the teacher because someone said some hurty words.

That said, it's pretty sad how this fella has totally lost the plot and imploded. Used to like him as an actor and I'm also jealous that he had a go on Billie Piper :D

EDIT: Ahh, OK I'll go read the court comments as suggested earlier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom