• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Layte's super-duper 480SLI Benchmark-O-rama!

Associate
Got my Geforce 480's in SLI Now, and here's just one benchmark (dirt2) 1113 Volts/1682 Shader/841 Core/Memory 2100
1920x1200 resolution, all maxed out on ultra:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (166.6 AVG/145.2 MIN)

...And at 2560x1440 resolution:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (122.7 AVG/97.5 MIN)

My Old pc with the striker II formula only gave me 42-48 frames AVG at 1920 1200 ***AND*** with an ATI 5970:confused:

Last edited:
Associate
My temps AFTER the Bench on the Sli's are 87-90 though:eek:, (MSI Afterburner) is that too high? (fan on max)Yes Raven, I'm on a i7 980X now @4.2Ghz

Last edited:
Soldato
90c is fine, don't want to go much higher though. Take it you have good airflow over the cards, leaving the side panel off the case can also help with temps if the panel has no fans on.

Associate
Is there any way of getting D3Doverrider to smooth out the frames?

I've done similar tests with Need for Speed Shift with similarly uneven results.

Soldato
My temps AFTER the Bench on the Sli's are 87-90 though:eek:, (MSI Afterburner) is that too high? (fan on max)Yes Raven, I'm on a i7 980X now @4.2Ghz

90C is fine. This is the temperature where that the fans are designed to maintain as a max.

The default fan profile is designed to stabilise the GPU temp at around 90-91C. You can see this in furmark using overclocked GPUs; the temps will spike to around 94C, before the increased fan speed drops them back down to 90-91. I see this behaviour over a wide range of clocks and volts. Only the maintenance fan speed changes, not the stabilisation temp.

That said, it's worrying you get this AFTER the bench is finished, and at 100% fan speed. What is the max temp you reach in furmark with the fans at 100%?

Associate
That said, it's worrying you get this AFTER the bench is finished, and at 100% fan speed. What is the max temp you reach in furmark with the fans at 100%?

Sorry i meant after the benchmark is finished thats what i see in MSI afterburner on the "Max temps". 51/44 are the current default temps (with 44% fan) Furmark reached 94c - but that was with the overclock.

Ant

Soldato
Found it. http://www.computerbase.de/downloads...er-single-gpu/
It's a simple program that shows moving circles. You can adjust the framerate and the delay of every other frame. Low delay value = big frametime difference. You can quickly change between "microstutter mode" and normal with the space button.

You'll really see the difference when moving your mouse...

EDIT:
Edit the settings file to set the right resolution.
A nice thing is that it also says what fps experience you're getting with the stutter. I think it's close to the % of stutter that we are measuring here.
http://www.worldlingo.com/S1790.5/t...ikkarten/mikroruckler-tester-fuer-single-gpu/

Back
Top Bottom