Le Mans 24 hour - 2023

Soldato
Scott Mansell of Driver61 did a very good video on the "NASCAR" and I had no idea just how utterly custom it was compared to what a "real" NASCAR is, almost to the point of asking "is it really a NASCAR anymore?" but I guess if it helps gain more viewers from the US then it's OK I guess.

Soldato
OP
Scott Mansell of Driver61 did a very good video on the "NASCAR" and I had no idea just how utterly custom it was compared to what a "real" NASCAR is, almost to the point of asking "is it really a NASCAR anymore?" but I guess if it helps gain more viewers from the US then it's OK I guess.

I didn't realised they killed the gearbox and were then allowed to replace it. Makes sense as they were in the pits for a while. I think at the time they called it a driveline issue.

Custom or not it sounded amazing though! :D But you're right i think it was more a publicity thing than anything else. Listening to all the stuff that was changed an actual Nascar setup would've been incredibly slow and suffered from extra pit stops.

Caporegime
I didn't realised they killed the gearbox and were then allowed to replace it. Makes sense as they were in the pits for a while. I think at the time they called it a driveline issue.

Custom or not it sounded amazing though! :D But you're right i think it was more a publicity thing than anything else. Listening to all the stuff that was changed an actual Nascar setup would've been incredibly slow and suffered from extra pit stops.
They won the pit crew race despite using a manual lift jack. Other cars had air jacks.

Soldato
I suppose it shows that, as the team can only change the tyres one side at a time, an air-jack system which lifts the whole car isn't actually faster than a beefy lift jack and therefore the air jacks only seems to add extra weight/complexity rather than speed. So I wonder if any teams seeing this might be tempted to swap back for that small but possibly useful extra weight saving?

Associate

With all those changes, its basically just a custom built car for the garage entry

Back
Top Bottom