LG announces the 32GS95UE - worlds first 480hz OLED monitor

Associate
Be sure that you can downscale to 32 first, I tried with the new Alienware and found my 42 superior overall (but it is an oled too).
This is a great point, I had a Acer 32K 4K screen, and that did feel very much inferior, but it was a poor IPS to start with. I'll have to wait for reviews I guess, I am perfectly content with the c2 for now.
Just need to get an arm for it.

I do wonder if this 32" panel comes with all the normal LG features like dolby vision etc.

Associate

This might be the one for me, prefer matte coating.
Take one opinion with a grain of salt :) but if you prefer it like optimum it's an easy choice for you. He also doesn't particularly care for a very bright screen, based on several other reviews of his I've seen.

I personally will go glossy if given the choice, and want as bright a screen as possible within my budget for a better HDR experience.

But there's no denying if you can't control the lighting for your room, matte is the better choice and experience without question. I'll have to see if others share the same opinion across the board. I've been fairly vocal about glossy>matte myself. So if they've improved it to a point its not noticeable to the average user... and even a tech enthusiast like optimim, mission accomplished I guess.

Associate
Lack of burn-in warranty is a bit off putting, especially when it’s more expensive than the competition. Will give it another couple months and see what it looks like with more options.

Associate
Yeah gonna be interesting to see how many burn-in warranty claims are gonna be made hmm. Define burn-in? Slight or a lot? Is that specified? Huge can of worms incoming over that imo.

What TVs have a burn-in warranty? How many claims have been made and fulfilled?

Associate
Hard to justify this and the other 240HZ OLEDs when the Alienware AW3423DW is only ~930 after corp discount. Dunno why these are so overpriced in the UK.

If this was closer to 1k I think it's the OLED I'd get, but not at this price.

Last edited:
Associate
Hard to justify this and the other 240HZ OLEDs when the Alienware AW3423DW is only ~930 after corp discount. Dunno why these are so overpriced in the UK.

If this was closer to 1k I think it's the OLED I'd get, but not at this price.
That’s a curved panel though, which I guess will be personal preference. The MSI version with that panel is a lot more expensive.

I do think all of these panels will have significant cuts when sales are on though.

Back
Top Bottom