LG OLED 2023 Thread - A3, B3, C3, G3

Soldato
Maybe time to upgrade the C9

lg1.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Only the G meh has the heatsink and MLA.

The heatsink is interesting. Seen how quickly it can get ride of image retention on the panna sets

Soldato
See what the price is first haha. Panasonic will be using the G3 panel as well:

Panasonic are still using the same crappy chipset from last year though. Sony will be expensive but probably will use the new chipset at least since they are delaying announcing their new TV's.

Soldato
Panasonic are still using the same crappy chipset from last year though. Sony will be expensive but probably will use the new chipset at least since they are delaying announcing their new TV's.

Most likely but like you say it will be double the price. New SOC isn't going to gain much difference on 4k sets and 8k isn't taking off at all in Europe, especially with the new power laws that have come into play. Obviously 4 hdmi 2.1 ports would be nice but least there's an extra one this year on the Panny haha.

Either way, I still reckon 2024 is the year to upgrade.

Associate
Interested in the C3 as my first OLED display, primarily as a desktop/4k gaming one. C2 always gets rave reviews so I am looking forward to this for sure

Associate
I'm torn between the C3, G33 or S95C - Either will be replacing my 2017 C7.

Tough choice. Hoping my C7 survives through till summer/autumn so I'm forced to pick one. (65", probably mounted!)

Soldato
Yeah expecting it to be around 2k

Reading a few early reviews doesn't seem to be a big upgrade from the C2
Plus side is the C2 should drop a few quid once the C3 is here.
No but the G series and up is as they have the foil heatsink and higher brightness.

Think I seen a demo on a panasonic showing how much quicker the foil helps ghosting.

Soldato
Yeah expecting it to be around 2k

Reading a few early reviews doesn't seem to be a big upgrade from the C2
Plus side is the C2 should drop a few quid once the C3 is here.
Thats what I'm hoping, my 6/7 year lcd had a 1/3 of a dimmed screen the other day (although has been fine since) so it just needs to last a few more months. RS have the 65 c2 for 2000 so I'm hoping for 500 at least off it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom