Lian-Li G1 Distro - Dead pump?

Associate
Had a gaming session the night before, powered the PC down and this morning when I booted up my system the performance felt a bit choppy... So rebooted and found a CPU overheating message from upon boot cycle.

Checked HWINFO and found my CPU at 85c and climbing so I shut it down again, took the side panels off and noticed that sound in the below video.. coupled with no movement on the water-level inside the distro plate. I tried changing the SATA power to a different connector but made no difference. Pump is about 2 years old and I believe its the 3.1 variant. I've gone ahead and ordered a 4.2 from OcUK but what do you guys think? It sounds like the pump tries to start-up but conks out?

pre

pre

Associate
You should be able to feel vibrations clearly so any change in pump behaviour is a red flag - RMA it if in any doubt.

Associate
OP
You should be able to feel vibrations clearly so any change in pump behaviour is a red flag - RMA it if in any doubt.
Unfortunately, its 2+ years old so I doubt they'll accept it. Heck, I can't even find where I ordered it from! :) Edit: The current likely dead pump was 4.2. /facepalm

Last edited:

pre

pre

Associate
So I've only used a previous version and both of the DDCs I had definitely ran warm and died - without heatsinks. So it might improve lifetime if you can't replace it currently. Not sure how much that applies today but by comparison all the D5s (4) I've purchased are still fully working.

Soldato
So I've only used a previous version and both of the DDCs I had definitely ran warm and died - without heatsinks. So it might improve lifetime if you can't replace it currently. Not sure how much that applies today but by comparison all the D5s (4) I've purchased are still fully working.

Seem to run forever them d5's

Back
Top Bottom