Lian Li Galahad Trinity II Performance NOISE

Associate
Have had Lian Li Galahad Trinity II Performance for about a month now
and it has started to sound awful on all pump speed settings.
Contacted OCs RMA but no reply and now I'm over the 30 days
Only today notice I could have contacted by phone won't be happy if they refuse refund
and Im expected to have it repaired. Have no faith in AIO coolers anymore.
Anyhow has anyone else had problems with this AIO?
Skint so got a Thermal Take Peerless assassin II and I'm surprised how quiet and cool it stays.
TTFN

Associate
OP
Cheers... Glad it went ok too. Shame the pump quit like that and I had bought the light argb strips for the fans £19 will probably get a set of the fans so the strips don't go to waste. saying that £75 quid a set. Fans are really expensive now along with everything else my previous build was a AMD FX8350 on a Asus Crosshair v formula z was quite some time ago. (Longest time I ever went without an new build. Before that was religiously 3yrs starting in the Late 90s.) Then found my Rig was not upto spec for Starfield so had to build one Luckily got the game free with GPU.
Anyhow Glad things got sorted.

Associate
Mine has started doing very similar. It started as a minor rattle occasionally on 'quiet' but it went away at high speed - only ever heard it in the few seconds it took to get to Windows and the LianLi control panel taking over from PWM. On Quiet and Standard its terrible. I suspect it will only get worse.

Now its making a noise even at high speed. There are a few Reddit posts with similar issues with this pump. Mine is almost 2 months old now - some say LianLi send a new one out without waiting for the existing one to be returned so I'll try my luck with them - seems their support site is closed until October 11th due to a public holiday.

When installing yours, did you use the sticky pads, or leave the plastic cover on? If you used the sticky pads, how difficult were they to remove from the back of the mainboard? If I end up with a like for like I'll just leave the backplate on, but if I have to go with something else with a different mount I'll have to remove it.

Edit: Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk22YXqwFjE

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah that sounds the same as mine from your video
I never used sticky pads my board is an Asus Tuf X670e plus and just left as is
Contact Lian Li they are good at sorting things out from what I hear from a guy on youtube Kleo Yan
Hope you get sorted hastle free

Soldato
Mine has started doing very similar. It started as a minor rattle occasionally on 'quiet' but it went away at high speed - only ever heard it in the few seconds it took to get to Windows and the LianLi control panel taking over from PWM. On Quiet and Standard its terrible. I suspect it will only get worse.

Now its making a noise even at high speed. There are a few Reddit posts with similar issues with this pump. Mine is almost 2 months old now - some say LianLi send a new one out without waiting for the existing one to be returned so I'll try my luck with them - seems their support site is closed until October 11th due to a public holiday.

When installing yours, did you use the sticky pads, or leave the plastic cover on? If you used the sticky pads, how difficult were they to remove from the back of the mainboard? If I end up with a like for like I'll just leave the backplate on, but if I have to go with something else with a different mount I'll have to remove it.

Edit: Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk22YXqwFjE
Welcome to the club. Mine died after 56ish days

I had to go to Lian Li direct, sent them the above video and a screenshot showing the pump dead as it was below minimum RPM and temp was 90C and they approved a replacement without the need to send the old one back. Problem is its been 3 weeks since they approved it and only TODAY after chasing them literally everywhere on the internet did i get an update saying they are restocking from the manufacturer on 20th Oct so i should get it by the start of November at the latest... It'll be over a month to received a replacement. Not Amused

Im convinced there is a design flaw as the performance models are dying left right and centre from looking on youtube or on their reddit and it would also explain why they are replacing them no questions asked.

I really want a refund but since its outside 30 days, OCUK have said jog on and i have no choice to but to **** about with RMA's. I'm entirely expecting to get another one that will fail and then be on a rinse repeat cycle

Last edited:
Associate
So that's 3 failed or failing now on a single forum - and just from those that could be bothered to report it. The product has only been on the market since August. Yet they're still available to buy! https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...o-360mm-cpu-water-cooler-black-hs-00q-ll.html

What kind of failure rate gets them withdrawn - something that may convince Lian Li to issue a recall or at least respond to support tickets? I've got my Lian Li ack email but from your experience I may be a long way from resolution.

Man of Honour
What kind of failure rate gets them withdrawn - something that may convince Lian Li to issue a recall or at least respond to support tickets? I've got my Lian Li ack email but from your experience I may be a long way from resolution.
I'd imagine that most larger retailers monitor their return rates pretty closely, but what kind of level they consider problematic, I don't know.

Associate
OP
Lian Li have a newer version of the Galahad coming out on the 18th Oct with LCD, it is an Asetec pump design and not in house. So should be more reliable. From what I gather it is same pump as Asus are using.

Associate
I'd imagine that most larger retailers monitor their return rates pretty closely, but what kind of level they consider problematic, I don't know.
Guess the issue here is they go pop after the 30 days so wouldn't go thru support.

Anyway I'm more fortunate than some in that mine still cools well and isn't too distracting at high speed. I got the email saying they'll send another pump/radiator unit and send tracking when available so now it's a race between their shipping and my pumps remaining lifespan :)

Soldato
So that's 3 failed or failing now on a single forum - and just from those that could be bothered to report it. The product has only been on the market since August. Yet they're still available to buy! https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...o-360mm-cpu-water-cooler-black-hs-00q-ll.html

lian li's reddit is littered with them if you search for it

Soldato
Lian Li have a newer version of the Galahad coming out on the 18th Oct with LCD, it is an Asetec pump design and not in house. So should be more reliable. From what I gather it is same pump as Asus are using.
Thats the LCD version i beleive. I hope this restock they are supposedly getting on the 20th is Asetec pumps and not the original ones

Soldato
The plot thickens. I left a bad review on the 360 performance black and now its no longer purchaseable but the same cooler now has a new sku with a pre-order status and there doesnt seem to be any difference other than the new listing has "Rev 2.0" in the product description

Old one is here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...o-360mm-cpu-water-cooler-black-hs-00q-ll.html
New one here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...0mm-cpu-water-cooler-black-coo-lia-01077.html

@Werewolf @~Divine~Wind~ Sorry to ping you both but you are the only admins online. Are you able to confirm with OCUK staff if this is actually a revised version and if so what was revised?

Associate
OP
I asked a guy on youtube who reviews a lot of Lian Li kit about the Rev 2.0 he is in Taiwan, just waiting to hear.. be good it someone said what was what.
Surely the original version must have been scrapped with all the defective units... and wouldn't be surprised if you get the 2.0 but will it say on the box not sure how you could tell.

Soldato
I asked a guy on youtube who reviews a lot of Lian Li kit about the Rev 2.0 he is in Taiwan, just waiting to hear.. be good it someone said what was what.
Surely the original version must have been scrapped with all the defective units... and wouldn't be surprised if you get the 2.0 but will it say on the box not sure how you could tell.
Tag me if you hear anything back

Associate
I got an email last week saying they should start shipping on Thursday 19th as they were waiting "for the factory". Got my tracking details this morning - should arrive Monday. If there's an easy way to tell what revision it is, I'll let you all know.

Soldato
I got an email last week saying they should start shipping on Thursday 19th as they were waiting "for the factory". Got my tracking details this morning - should arrive Monday. If there's an easy way to tell what revision it is, I'll let you all know.
Same got my tracking at lunch, arriving Monday.

@andy1967 seema there is no change to the pump. U/Lianlisupport account on reddit replied to me to say the only changes are improved noise dampening and an amd bracket change "for better performance"

Improved noise dampening to hide the pump failure lol if the replacement fails i think im covered by sect 19 subsec 14 of the consumer rights act and can argue the aio was never fit for purpose and demand a refund

Back
Top Bottom