Lian Li Galahad Trinity II Performance NOISE

Associate
OP
Same got my tracking at lunch, arriving Monday.

@andy1967 seema there is no change to the pump. U/Lianlisupport account on reddit replied to me to say the only changes are improved noise dampening and an amd bracket change "for better performance"

Improved noise dampening to hide the pump failure lol if the replacement fails i think im covered by sect 19 subsec 14 of the consumer rights act and can argue the aio was never fit for purpose and demand a refund
That is not what I expected more of a bodge cover up than a rev 2.0 true fix. Hope it goes OK for you... but like you say if not you have consumer rights.

Associate
Mine just turned up. Despite an email saying I'd just get the rad and pump unit with no fans etc, I appear to have a complete boxed unit with pre installed fans and new mounts, paste etc. Which is good. Seems to have survived the trip without too much visible damage to the outer box although there was no packaging so it's likely been bounced around somewhat.

Probably won't get around to installing it until Friday but will let you know how it goes.

Soldato
Mine just turned up. Despite an email saying I'd just get the rad and pump unit with no fans etc, I appear to have a complete boxed unit with pre installed fans and new mounts, paste etc. Which is good. Seems to have survived the trip without too much visible damage to the outer box although there was no packaging so it's likely been bounced around somewhat.

Probably won't get around to installing it until Friday but will let you know how it goes.
Mine arrived this morning basically the same as you. Complete sealed new unit. Exterior box was a bit shabby and bumped but one inside was fine. I've installed mine and its up and running now

Soldato

@csin82 @andy1967

So they finally admitted the unit was flawed.......

Lian Li comment

To whom it may concern,
We saw users of the Galahad II Trinity Performance posting about having pump noises/rattling sounds. After a thorough investigation, we found out that a small percentage of the AIOs (units with bigger tolerance) will occasionally have pump noise/rattling if the pump is constantly operating at 2200-3000RPM.

At that RPM range, the impeller gets too low with the current magnetic field's design, and units with bigger tolerance will have their impellers rub against the washer constantly eventually leading to noise/rattling from the pump.
*If the pump is set at a higher speed (3500-4200RPM), then this is very unlikely to happen. This situation also doesn’t happen to our Galahad II Trinity & Galahad II Trinity SL-INF because they have smaller impellers.

How we fixed it: We added an extra magnet to push the impeller away from the washer with the magnets’ repel force, so even under lower RPM settings there won't be any friction.
If your Galahad II Trinity Performance happens to encounter the issue we described, please go through our RMA process and we will replace it with a fixed version.

As such, we've paused the sale of all Galahad II Trinity Performance and are actively retrieving all Galahad II Trinity Performance units from our channels and e-tailer. Sale will resume when we have enough supply of the fixed version. All the fixed versions we have now are used to prioritize replacement for the users who encountered this issue.
Sorry for your inconvenience and thank you all for your continuous support!

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is now installed. No rattle at any speed but I'll run it at standard - its still pretty quiet at that speed. Not sure if its worth upping the 'StdSP' settiung from 3192 to 3500 out of an abundance of caution based on @Zenduri 's update from LianLi? HiSP (3900) does come with a slightly annoying whine and you can hear the impeller albeit much quieter than on the 'broken' ones.

Works just as well as the last one - Cinebench 10 minute run at stock clocks had the hottest core peaked at 81, most of the P-cores peaked at 78-78 with the Es at 66 - assume thats their cap without changing anything.

Soldato
@csin82 @andy1967

I asked about how to tell which is v1 or v2 and lian li replied with this

To clarify which version you have, please check the serial number
GA II Trinity Performance V1: AP"01"xxxxxxxxxx (Black) or AP"02"xxxxxxxxxx (White)
GA II Trinity Performance V2: AP"12"xxxxxxxxxx (Black) or AP"13"xxxxxxxxxx (White)
All the replacement are sent with the V2 version.

Associate
My Galahad 2 Trinity Performance 360 failed after 3 months. All of a sudden the fans ramped up to full speed and PC kept crashing to desktop with a BIOS error 'CPU Overheat Error'. After repasting a couple of time the error was still there. Emailed the retailer who immediately told me to contact Lian Li, straight away I was pretty angry that the retailer just pushed me away.
In the meantime I bought a EK Nucleus as I really couldn't afford for my work PC to be out of action.
Lian Li knew all about this issue and immediately said they would send a replacement. It arrived today 3 weeks after my initial contact. No fans but everything else is there in a rather tatty box. Needless to say I am finished testing stuff for Lian Li and will not be fitting the replacement into my system as I dont know what they have done to correct the issue or even what the issue was to begin with.
If they knew they were defective why weren't they recalled ? I could have badly damaged my system. I will not be buying any further Lian Li products if they cannot be honest about defective products.

Associate
Thanks for that ;) Now we know
Kleo Yan has a new video on the Lian Li units and goes through the problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-xZTQiJUOQ
So according to that video connecting the pump to an AIO header if it only draws 1A is not enough for the correct operation of the pump ?? Looked at my motherboard manual (ASUS Hero Z790) the only header that produces more than 1A is the 3A Waterpump+ header. All the other headers for AIO pump , CPU fans etc are 1A. That appears to be a pretty big oversight in the installation instructions ??! I would have assumed that the SATA connection would have powered the pump but apparently not, its for the pump RGB only.

Soldato
I wonder if this galahad and the Deepcool LT720 use the same pump and there's been a bad batch? Installed my brand new LT720 last night and same problem. The pump is DC, not PWM, and so I've ensure it's on DC at 100% in the BIOS. It's silent at 3100RPM, but something's forcing the pump to drop to 2500RPM which is when the noise starts. Temps are good and fluid is obviously flowing, but yeh, not happy. If you head over to the Deepcool sub reddit there are loads of people reporting the same issue.

I'll be phoning the shop tomorrow to arrange a refund and now I'm looking into a replacement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom