Longest you've run an ATX PSU?

Soldato
I had an Enermax 720watt psu from 2007 was running my 8700k/2080ti system up to only a few months ago :D
Was hard to believe a 2007 PSU still had the right connectors (Two 8 pin connectors) to power a 2080ti :eek:

This is the one I’m still using, she’s a beauty. I opened it up and gave it a nice cleanup and all the caps looked fine. I’ve got a brand new 750w EVGA unit here I was going to use but this enermax is bang on period correct and looks the part. The EVGA will hopefully stay boxed up for years to come haha.

Powering a 2080Ti is impressive though I have to say…!

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve got a PSU from 2014 running my NAS, that was in my last gaming PC. It’s been running 24/7 for the last few years.

It’s an EVGA, I think the OEM is superflower.

Soldato

This is the one I’m still using, she’s a beauty. I opened it up and gave it a nice cleanup and all the caps looked fine. I’ve got a brand new 750w EVGA unit here I was going to use but this enermax is bang on period correct and looks the part. The EVGA will hopefully stay boxed up for years to come haha.

Powering a 2080Ti is impressive though I have to say…!
That the exact same one as i was using :)

I had ialso had it powering a few SLI setups over it life span

The only thing i didn't like about it was the feature it had were it would spin the fan up to high rpms for a few minutes to cool it self down after you have shut down the system

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had an old PC I' used to use as a server kicking about for a while. I haven't even fired it up for a few years but came across it earlier and powered it up to see what was on it. It worked fine but the PSU surprised me:

It's a 650 watt Enermax that I would have bought back in 2001/2002 originally for use with my dual CPU Athlon MP system. I'm amazed it still works, but that ampage on the 12v rail is pathetic too at 24 amps. A modern 650w PSU is what, 50-55 amps or so? :D

Either way, 22-23 years old isn't bad going, although it's not seen much use over the last few years.

Last edited:
Associate
Still rocking a golden Q-Tec 450W... Not :cry: (Though I did have one way back when)

Got a 1000w Silverstone unit in 2013 which got retired last year. Was happily running my main rig with a 3090 in it until it got replaced when I finally upgraded the rest of my PC a year ago.

Associate
10 years old Corsair 850W, still worked fine I only took it out because it wasn't fully modular and it was a tad loud, so I didn't want it in a new build. But I think it would have run for years to come.

In general if you buy a good quality Gold PSU (no need for silly price gouging Titanium and Platinum PSU's IMO - they're just clever marketing and upselling) - and you give yourself some headroom, say 200w - it should last you a decade easy.

Associate
Superflower Leadex 850W I've been running since 2013. Thinking about upgrading it shortly to be ready for the next gen of GPUs.

Soldato
Superflower Leadex 850W I've been running since 2013. Thinking about upgrading it shortly to be ready for the next gen of GPUs.
I sold my 750W version of this recently after having it for 9.5 years. I only changed it as I wanted the new native 12vHPWR cable for my new GPU. I'm sure the old PSU would've gone for another few years easily otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom