Looking for a 2in1 laptop.

Associate
Hi all.

Not really an OCUK question as from what I can see OCUK don't actually sell them.

But trying to brainstorm a new laptop for my Dad, he's after a foldable 2 in 1 with a touch screen he literally only wants it for work which is basically browsing the internet for buying parts and then using excel for invoicing, (though one with Stylus support would probably be good as I might be able to teach him how to draw blueprints electronically)

That's the only thing he needs, but he does want at least a 15" laptop not one of those 13.3" ones, currently he has a Samsung Galaxy book in his basket which is over £1000 which I think is way too much for what he wants it for, personally i'm leaning more towards a HP Envy x360 15-fe0514na which can be has for only £599 which I think is more than reasonable.

Does anyone know of any alternatives or recommendations, this is not an area I really know much about as i don't care for laptops but i'd like him not to rip himself off or spend more than he needs..

For me there is 2 valid options HP and Samsung (599 and 799 (not the 1000+ he picked but a lower model)
The only different is the Samsung has a CPU with 2 extra cores 12 vs 10. But the Envy has 6000mhz memory vs Samsung 4000mhz and double the storage 512 vs 256.

In my view the Envy is a no brainer I believe faster Memory will have more of an impact than those extra 2 cores for his use needs, but does anyone else know of an alternative or other brands or anything.

I'm full Jon Snow on this lol.

Associate
I don't know how useful this would be because it's not the exact same model, but...

I'm typing this on an HP EliteBook G3 right now. It was provided to me by my work, 3-4 years ago, and it's a cracking piece of kit. To the point where if I were paying my own money for a "business" laptop, it's what I would buy.

Back
Top Bottom