Looking for a touchscreen laptop with a display that equals or betters my current laptop

Associate
Back in about 2015 I got an Asus ROG G751JL. I don't need top tier specs these days (even integrated will be fine just be like 8 GB RAM with minimum 512 GB SSD). Around 2016 it was my main gaming machine but now I have a dedicated PC. This laptop is getting on now so think it's time to get something else.

I think getting a smaller touchscreen would be nice especially since I'm finding it really hard to find cheapish 17 inch laptops like I have. When I got this laptop back then it was just over £1000 but I don't want to be spending that much now.

I know like 9 years has passsed so am I wrong in thinking that I can maybe spend about £500 or £600 for a touchscreen and get a display with the same quality or better than the Asus I had?

Thank you

Last edited:
Associate
I have a couple of touchscreen laptops for work - a Lenovo Thinkpad and a Dell XPS - both around 13". I didn't buy them myself, but I'm pretty sure they were around £900 and £1300 respectively. The Dell is nicer than the Lenovo in many respects, but the Lenovo is perfectly fine. I'm not sure any manufacturer would be able to shrink costs enough for a £500 touchscreen machine to be a viable option, but if you're willing to spend a little more you may be able to get something that suits your needs.

Soldato
Picked one of these up yesterday, £520 brand new.. Digging it so far!

ASUS ExpertBook

Intel Core i5 1135G7 Processor
13.3 Inch OLED 1080p
Flip Screen
Touch screen
8GB RAM
512GB SSD
Windows 11 Pro

Back
Top Bottom