Looking for slim fan Recommendations?

Associate
Think i would be looking at SilverStone SST-AS120B Air Slimmers, alternatively the Noctua NF-A12x15 if you want something a bit quieter and if you dont fancy messing with fan curves.

Man of Honour
If you don't want to go OTT on spending too much on fans then the arctic is an excellent choice.

I've used these fans as a radiator fan previously for the arctic liquid freezer 2 thicker rads (derp me not measuring clearance properly) so can recommend it.

Associate
If you don't want to go OTT on spending too much on fans then the arctic is an excellent choice.

I've used these fans as a radiator fan previously for the arctic liquid freezer 2 thicker rads (derp me not measuring clearance properly) so can recommend it.
Worth comparing the noise figures and static pressure values vs cost on this front. Acceptable volumes can be very subjective (I specifically ignored this one on my subjective interpretation of not too loud but I have heard good things about these relative to the cost of other fans).

Associate
Worth comparing the noise figures and static pressure values vs cost on this front. Acceptable volumes can be very subjective (I specifically ignored this one on my subjective interpretation of not too loud but I have heard good things about these relative to the cost of other fans).
Manufacturers figures are not worth anything.
Arctic p12 slim is better than any slim fan out there in independent testing.

Associate
Manufacturers figures are not worth anything.
Arctic p12 slim is better than any slim fan out there in independent testing.
I agree manufacturers specs should be taken with a dose of salt around noise as they dont have a shared test method and resonance can be a real pain for making things worse. It is further muddied vs RPM ranges differing.

However, I have a deep-seated dislike of "better" without qualification of how whoever the independent testing you are referring to came to their conclusion. Especially as the criteria they used is not clear, it may be price per whateverother metric when static pressure or the absolute amount of air the fan can shift may be more important to the OP.

Associate
I agree manufacturers specs should be taken with a dose of salt around noise as they dont have a shared test method and resonance can be a real pain for making things worse. It is further muddied vs RPM ranges differing.

However, I have a deep-seated dislike of "better" without qualification of how whoever the independent testing you are referring to came to their conclusion. Especially as the criteria they used is not clear, it may be price per whateverother metric when static pressure or the absolute amount of air the fan can shift may be more important to the OP.
To me, the only metric that matters quickly is flow/noise, like on this graph. Its the easiest way to evauate fan performance:
comparison_small.jpg

Associate
Are there any that clip together like the lian li sl120s?
As far as I am aware all the systems like that use smaller fans to accommodate the clips so a 120mm fan case houses a ~92mm fan blade which will start to compromise on airflow, pressure and noise.

Only seen that concept from SaharaGaming and Lian Li personally (can't vouch for either from personal experience though).

Soldato
Arctic P12 Slims. The noise is better than the Noctua's in my opinion and they are vastly cheaper. Corsair also have some slim fans, I have not tried them myself.

Last edited:
Associate
Agreed, I bought some Air Slimmer 120's based on that YT recommendation above (non RGB) as my intake fans and they are amazing!

I also paid £36 for 3 fans which was deal of the century from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom