Loop upgrade - Fluid choice recommendations

Soldato
Halfords Battery water lol, me and a few others on here use it and never had any issues. About £5 for a 5 litre bottle, i've been using this stuff for around 8 years now.
Ive used asda water and biocide for about 15 years. Never had a issue. Anything else is snake oil imo

Soldato
Do you add any biocide?
I used to do this with my very first build over 12 years ago. But changed to X1 clear as it was relatively cheap back then. I can see it has gone up since.
This thread reminds me that I need to check/clean my loop which is about 2 years running with X1 clear with only a small top up.

Nope, no biocide. I clean my loop with a blitz kit, run it through with deionised water and flush it out then top again with deionised water. Have used Halfords stuff for 10+ years now at this point and it's never let me down, no corrosion, no flaking of plating etc.

Associate
Do you add any biocide?
I used to do this with my very first build over 12 years ago. But changed to X1 clear as it was relatively cheap back then. I can see it has gone up since.
This thread reminds me that I need to check/clean my loop which is about 2 years running with X1 clear with only a small top up.

Ya I use a few drops of biocide..

Associate
Do you add any biocide?
hi mate, yes a couple of drops

Back
Top Bottom