Lost my 8 week old - Brain Tumor

Soldato
OP
We have also now smashed the £6k mark with all the donations made at Ivy's funeral yesterday! :)

We have had phone calls and Facebook messages from other magazines and newspapers as well so really hope we can get this country wide to raise as much awareness for the hospice as possible :)

Soldato
OP
The fundraising has slowed down a little over the past few days so think we have reached as many people as we were able too just relying on friends and family spreading the word.

We are now looking at doing actual fundraising events in and around Sheffield :)

Bluebell wood are still offering us the support we need after Ivy's funeral, some of the staff even turned up on the day, and we have the option of counseling sessions down there any time we want them, i cannot express how fantastic the staff at this place are :)

Soldato
OP
I must say that you're taking this a hell of a lot better than I think I could.

I don't know how you have the strength, it really does amaze me.

The fund raising and organising the funeral had kept us busy, yesterday was the first real day we were just at home alone and we just couldnt cope :( a little girl came round trick or treating (early i know!) and i just broke down :(

Soldato
OP
Just wanted to let you all see the below email that i received today, Thank you all again so so much, this was clearly a phenomenal amount that we were able to raise :)

14980764_10157777076355565_8684903066097230218_n.jpg

Soldato
OP
I just wanted to post an update in here after everyone's kind words.

It is 2 months today that we lost Ivy, and she would have been 4 months old tomorrow. The last 2 months have been the hardest of my life, and every single day is a struggle. Even though i am now back at work, i am no where near the man i was the previous 2 months, and doubt i ever will be. My wife is also going back to work in the new year, but Christmas is going to be a very difficult time for us. We still have presents that we had very eagerly bought Ivy for Christmas that we just cant part with, as well as cards for grandparents which we think we are still going hand out.

The just giving page has just hit £6500, which is just incredible and i want to thank everyone on here again for that, this is also partially a shameless bump as well in case anyone felt they may want to add to the page. We have quite a few people donating instead of sending xmas cards and we have also had people donate cakes and other items to raffle off, so i think we have another couple of hundred to add to that total.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Gary-Morris18241

Merry Christmas to everyone, make sure you spend every moment available with your loved ones, as that time is the most precious thing you can ever have :)

Soldato
I can't believe 2 months has passed already and can't even begin to imagine how tough the last couple of months has been for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm so so sorry for your loss.

My daughter has spent around half of her life in hospital, and has already had operations totally 20ish hours. She's still very ill, and currently in hospital again. I'm terrified that we'll end up in the same situation as yourself - you seem to be holding up way better than we are.

Soldato
OP
I'm so so sorry for your loss.

My daughter has spent around half of her life in hospital, and has already had operations totally 20ish hours. She's still very ill, and currently in hospital again. I'm terrified that we'll end up in the same situation as yourself - you seem to be holding up way better than we are.

I'm not at all mate, i seriously don't know how i get through days at work, and have physically had to cut the amount i was drinking as i felt it was becoming a problem. I hope your little girl gets better, as i would not wish what i have gone through of my worst of enemies, for no use of a better phrase

Back
Top Bottom