• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

<<<=====LOWEST PRICE IN THE UK - MSI ATI HD 5850 Twin FrozR Graphics Card ONLY £124.99 Delivered!!==

Associate
Yes they are free delivery for loyal forum members, nothing has changed there. ;)

I don't qualify for loyal member free shipping yet, I thought that before they had arrived all orders were free shipping, now when I go to checkout it only has DPD next day parcels £9.

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't qualify for loyal member free shipping yet, I thought that before they had arrived all orders were free shipping, now when I go to checkout it only has DPD next day parcels £9.

Nope we don't offer a free shipping service, unless your a loyal forum member.

Soldato
*scream*

Can't decide between this and a 460.

The no CUDA thing for premiere / adobe products (and I admit, I do really wanna see Physx for the hell of it) make me want the geforce... but paying more for slightly less performance makes me :mad:

Associate

AFAIK I can get it but when I try to add my forum account I get:

Server error.

The website encountered an error while retrieving https://www.overclockers.co.uk/account.php?tool=email. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error

Associate

That makes sense, shame that I'm just not quite loyal enough yet.

*scream*

Can't decide between this and a 460.

The no CUDA thing for premiere / adobe products (and I admit, I do really wanna see Physx for the hell of it) make me want the geforce... but paying more for slightly less performance makes me :mad:

I think that it accelerates with Ati as well but they just don't publicise it quite as much. Ati stream tech I think it's not quite at Cuda levels like for like but it does work probably... I think the red and green do the same things in different ways.

So I've ordered one now just hope my PSU doesn't explode or maybe just get a new one hope it fits too.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wondering, I ordered one last night (11PM), I'm over in Ireland, if weather wasn't an issue would it arrive Friday?
It says 'In the warehouse queue'. I Chose 2 day parcel Eire & Scottish with DPD. So excited to get this card, moving up from a 4850. :cool:

Soldato
My BenQ G2222HDL arrived today as well. Unfortunate the monitor only comes with a cheapy VGA cable, so I gonna need to get a DVI cable separately.

Was just wondering...if I was to connect to the DVI input of the monitor, would a HDMI to DVI cable work connecting to the HDMI port of the 5850, or do I have to use DVI to DVI cable?

Caporegime
Get a hell of a lot with that card compared to the Xfx 6970. All I got was a crossfire bridge and a do not disturb door hanger. No other cables of any type.:p

Associate
Wahey cant wait :D didn't manage to check my mail as i was running late to work :( hope mine arrives tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom