• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

<<<=====LOWEST PRICE IN THE UK - MSI ATI HD 5850 Twin FrozR Graphics Card ONLY £124.99 Delivered!!==

Soldato
Just installed my new card, in crossfire, and ran the Just Cause Concrete Jungle benchmark.
1920x1200, all settings max, AAx4, AFx16, VSync off: FPs 49 - which is pretty close to double what I get with a single card. I am happy.

I did have a scare when i first installed it, and windows wouldnthought I had just one card.
Then I fiddled with power connectors, rebooted, and my mouse and keyboard wasn't working, I was in 640x480 res or something low, and a message popped up: "you have no video drivers installed for your card"
A unplugged mouse and keyboard and replugged them, so I could click OK, start the install for the driver, which finished instantly. I then rebooted and all was well.

Soldato
ok...I finally got round to actually open the box...while the contents seem fine, the box has clearly been opened before I opened it. Anyone else's box also has signs of been opened?

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to resist ordering.

I'm buying a new PC next year in Jan, I'm sure there'll be good deals to be had.

I can't help but feel I want a little more performance. Think I'll go with whatever is the best card for 250 at the time.

Soldato
What fan speeds have people set theirs to?

Mine was quiet until I installed Catalyst 10.12 that set fan at 55%.

If I set it manual, does the card have any ramping ability if it starts to gets too hot?

Associate
Managed to resist ordering.

I'm buying a new PC next year in Jan, I'm sure there'll be good deals to be had.

I can't help but feel I want a little more performance. Think I'll go with whatever is the best card for 250 at the time.

Good on ya mate! Same here really I am waiting for the price drops, january and after boxing day is where the sales are at

Associate
Mine came an Hour ago!

Father Christmas arrived with mine about an hour ago thanks to Oveclockers and the post office, I live on the remote Shetland Islands so I am well chuffed:D:D

Oh I have mine in Xfire as I have a sapphire 5850, all I did was install the new card and the Catalyst software found the new card and Xfired it. The driver version I used is 10.12

Oh and the card doesn’t come with an Xfire bridge connector, so I used the one which came with Sapphire card.
Merry Christmas :):)

Soldato
A question about the PCI-Express to Molex adaptors included:

In my sapphire card, the two adaptors have one PCIE plug to one molex adaptor .
In this card, they each have one PCIE plug to two molex adaptors (requiring 4 free molex plugs if you want to connect them that way).
Why are they different? Can you use the sapphire adaptors with the MSI card, and vice-versa?

Associate
What fan speeds have people set theirs to?

Mine was quiet until I installed Catalyst 10.12 that set fan at 55%.

If I set it manual, does the card have any ramping ability if it starts to gets too hot?

55% too loud for me set mine at 30% almost silent.

Im having a bit trouble getting my clk speed above 775 using afterburner. There must be something simple im missing?

Soldato
Christmas Service at five, pub rigt after for drinks with neighbours, now going for christmas meal with neighbours. Not had a chance doh! Real pleased though for everyone that managed it. Thanks OcUK for the superb deal!

Soldato
mine came, unfortunately my psu not upto two of them !

DPP_0073.JPG

DPP_0074.JPG

DPP_0075.JPG

DPP_0076.JPG

DPP_0077.JPG

DPP_0078.JPG

DPP_0079.JPG

Permabanned
55% too loud for me set mine at 30% almost silent.

Im having a bit trouble getting my clk speed above 775 using afterburner. There must be something simple im missing?

In the MSI Afterburner install directory theres a file called...

MSIAfterburner.cfg

You need to open this in notepad and towards the bottom you will see this...

EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 0

Change the 0 to a 1 and save the file (make sure it saves with the same name as a .cfg file).

Do this with afterburner closed and next time you open it you will see you can overclock it beyond the limits it had before!

Good Look...

I can get mine stable at 930core, 1300memory @1.25volts....

Run it at 900 core, 1250 memory @1.2volts.

Back
Top Bottom