lucky winner new build help

Associate
Hello everyone,

can anyone help me

I was lucky enough to win a video card today and i am looking for help to get the rest of the components sorted for a new build,
i would like it to have a AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3d CPU, CPU Cooler - Appropriate Motherboard & 32 Gb Memory, 2 TB M2 SSD (maybe 2)
A Case and power supply that can accommodate this NVIDIA GPU

This is way out of spec of anything i've ever built before so would appreciate help getting the best components i can that will work together to make it all run,
I will have around £1000 / £1200 to spend, will this be enough?. i will be sorting the monitor afterwards and all peripherals i've already got.

many thanks for reading

Soldato
If you just need a tower sans the 4090 £1000-1200 should be ample. Just to clarify, will the computer be entirely for gaming or do you intend to use it for any sort of workloads, and if so what?

Associate
OP
If you just need a tower sans the 4090 £1000-1200 should be ample. Just to clarify, will the computer be entirely for gaming or do you intend to use it for any sort of workloads, and if so what?
just for gaming capability, nothing else work related! thank you

Man of Honour
This is way out of spec of anything i've ever built before so would appreciate help getting the best components i can that will work together to make it all run,
I will have around £1000 / £1200 to spend, will this be enough?. i will be sorting the monitor afterwards and all peripherals i've already got.
Here's an example build:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,011.89 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

CPU cooler: peerless assassin or phantom spirit (around £35)

You don't HAVE to buy a 7800X3D, I mean... sure it would be nice, but something like this would be fine:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £726.84 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Associate
In case you are wondering about 64GB of RAM, it's only really relevant for flight simulators as far as games go.

Also congrats on winning the GPU.

Soldato
In case you are wondering about 64GB of RAM, it's only really relevant for flight simulators as far as games go.

Also congrats on winning the GPU.

MSFS, Cities Skylines, there's a few titles that will happily use more than 32gb but you're usually looking at heavily modded sim style games.

Back
Top Bottom