| LUMO |

Associate
| LUMO | Finished,outdoor pics done and studio shots later!

FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

Welcome everyone to a new log and let me introduce the willing participant,the In Win D Frame MINI!

After the S3,which is far too large for a LAN box like originally planned,I wanted a smaller footprint and something a bit more aesthetically pleasing,so,after seeing this gorgeous case at Computex,I made some inquiries at In Win and here is the result!

Some of you may have seen this case about and,if you follow any of my forum witterings,probably know already that I had this coming.
The case is a tubular spaceframe design made with Alu tube and,quite frankly,a mobo tray that is a structural grade piece of kit! The tempered glass is a lovely thing to see and is common place on all the high end In Win chassis.

Shall we have a walk round the case then?

oQ4pBmb.jpg

KtGsYNQ.jpg

IuRAC9P.jpg

5ODCPrZ.jpg

YNAYFZc.jpg

You have never seen a mobo tray that thick,guarantee it!

zpNyXb7.jpg

You can have the PSU either way,up or down.

nJQLe7E.jpg

Massively thick HDD and SSD mounts.

AVJNtaF.jpg

Backside of the tray.

9Lcvf7F.jpg

9QoH35d.jpg

Tray out!

1ntyP0c.jpg

dSEKE3b.jpg

bg4bOzK.jpg

The whole tray is decluttered,this ITX case has ambition....

FCMEmC6.jpg

This mod is changing the standard ITX flavour into mATX!

sxmVNbP.jpg

As you can see,you get a substantial case for you money,the anodized frame is nice and well finished and no skimping on materials,Im looking forward to working on it......

First thing is to strip the anodizing ready for some lovely paint,I know I just praised the coating quality and it seems like it would be a waste to strip it but it will be worth it!

Also,sadly,that mobo tray is also going for a 25mm sandwich tray that will carry all the cabling,most of the watercooling routing and an integrated reservoir.
As always,the aim is a clean looking build,no faff or fluff but details to keep you entertained!

LET THE BUILD COMMENCE!!

Magoo insists that he is project lead on this.......He isnt but you know....he thinks he is.....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Normally Im waiting for hardware but not this time.ASUS provided the Gryphon z97,a modders favorite for very obvious reasons and I have a pair of cards with tidy Watercool blocks ready to go. I rounded of the waterblocks with a MIPS Iceforce HF,an awesome block which sadly isnt available easily now since MIPS closed their doors. A major loss to the watercooling world...

Z3mQExc.jpg

B2LcvCd.jpg

The thickest hold down you will ever see!

CQMNvPC.jpg

You just dont see a finish like the finish you get with MIPS....

XYgDK6V.jpg

On to another of my favorite block makers,this time the German outfit,Watercool.

tG7fbct.jpg

31vLBEI.jpg

A8rNGKI.jpg

IZEzHde.jpg

7JMiWHY.jpg

kfqIX9C.jpg

DEkPLpg.jpg

The DC i7 looks like a promising candidate or I may just recycle the 4770k in CLoS3 IMPACT,I dont want to go mad as there a x99 rig coming up in the next few months....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

PvGFE0e.png

PWJiJqV.png

This weekend has consisted mainly of chemical burns and dust inhalation!
My favorite!!

I made a short video on how to strip the anodizing layer off too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvE857xdkkk&feature=youtu.be

But we all know you like pictures....

4o9FyHL.jpg

OTNHRvM.jpg

5xA8Jn4.jpg

This will stay as a primer until I have finished with the mobo tray work,all the in-out of the board for test fits could damage the paint....I may gun the white base coat on if I get ahead and am feeling confident.

The next job for this weekend will be a mesh piece for the PSU mount,wrapping around the sides and the logo'd panel on the inside,the contrasting colour should make it more visual with the mesh adding a texture.

See you tomorrow and you can see what I mean.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well hello Matey I see you been busy today :)

All day,everyday....

So as I said yesterday,I was shrouding the PSU bay with modders mesh,in this instance,the 2mm hole variety. This should clean up the visible wiring while adding contrast and texture. Eventually,this will be in black/silver marble while the actual frame is Lumo yellow. The Enermax isnt staying,its just for show,the PSU is undecided as yet...A Leadex or a BeQuiet will be taking that role up.

Jvx7AN3.jpg

SfMmL68.jpg

WtumZ3h.jpg

lFSKQCW.jpg

Once the PSU is painted as well,the depth effect should be nice...maybe a couple of LED's in each corner on the inside to light up the PSU would look good.

Thanks again for looking,next up is the mobo tray.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
the cases look fantastic, but they do carry a nice price tag too.

Ah yeah....the high end InWin stuff costs a small fortune but with uniqueness comes expense. I would have rather spent my money on this case than my Caselabs. A hard thing to say but these cases have style

Some of you my be thinking 'I wonder why he called it LUMO....'
Wonder no more ,wanna see what the frame is going to be painted in?

SJVHSDJ.jpg

Its unbelievably bright,retina burning,yellow.
Magoo hates it,he thinks it should be the colour of dried blood and decorated with the bones of his enemies...or the tax man.

Associate
OP
Ah Monty has solution for Magoo I will send him a pair :D

As ever mate looking sweet :)

Magoo prefers to fight in the shade....FOR SPARTA!

Wow, I can still see that paint 10 minutes later... kinda like looking at the sun :eek:
After seeing your previous build I know this is going to be stonkingly good!

I'm glad you have faith,I wont dissapoint

haha wheni was 16 i have a scooter in the same color, could see me a mile away

No good for outrunning plod tho neh?

Associate
OP
Today was paint day!
I started with the 2 SSD's. Corsair 120 and 240 Force GT SSD's recycled from my SR2,good drives that could never reach full speed in their previous home so I gave them new lease of life in LUMO instead.

The frame is done also,I will be doing pics for that tomorrow but in the meantime...

bGDACqH.jpg

WO5F41a.jpg

So6LjI1.jpg

w575kp2.jpg

m4W9W65.jpg

The graphics for them are being plotted as we speak.....

Associate
OP
I too have difficulty finding my computer in the dark sometimes, and you, Sir, may have found the solution....

:D

Not that I would have expected anything else but its really looking sweet already :)

Ta very much.

I've not seen a build in this case before, I'm looking forward to it

It is kinda unique in design,it has caused a lot of mixed reactions.

And the graphics for the SSD's are done. I kept it very simple,using the existing Force GT logo and cutting a LUMO logo into it with a pinstripe....the pinstripe was a total bitch but it needed something to break up the yellow expanse.

wHFymhL.jpg

22yFaKR.jpg

8KppAlH.jpg

These will be inset in to the mobo tray flush with the outer skin,you will not seen any cabling going to them. As the tray is black/silver marble,these are painted as accent pieces

Associate
OP
Hmm, expect a PM over at LTT.

Been wanting one for bloody ages, but man, the market is so confusing.

I went with a Silhouette Portrait.

While I had a bit of spare time from marbling the mobo cover,I decided to take a few shots of the frame for the few that cant wait,this is just the first of many coats....

KrpW52m.jpg

6n9uo3c.jpg

XuxUZbz.jpg

W24nZRj.jpg

So.....gloss or satin clearcoat?

Associate
OP
I should really save these till later but Im really happy how the marble came out!
This is still very much WIP,the recesses need to be airbrushed in black and the slots need some plastidip action....but.....its looking good!

The naked z97 Gryphon,I quite like the look of it naked,its a hidden gem.

0C4ebcs.jpg

q65X03d.jpg

xCaYObx.jpg

And with the armour,yes its armour goddamn it,im British!

ZMNPgvR.jpg

eqtIzyz.jpg

jBsFVyP.jpg

The slots tho......no good. They need to be colour changed,brown is not the way forward!

Associate
OP
FLJJNtt.jpg

Sponsored by:

cV1zSbI.jpg

PWJiJqV.png

[REDACTED]

wllCm7L.jpg

So today was my birthday and what better way to celebrate than to finish up the motherboard and spray the matching Keyboard,in this instance the Corsair K65 tenkeyless (Pics will be forthcoming)

I also need to look at replacements for the MIPS hold down bolts as the stock ones are not pretty....

Seeing as no one will see the back,I had a little fun....

mvkgwJb.jpg

17nhuiG.jpg

To tidy up the edge of the card PCB I used 1.5mm Vinyl,easily removed it the card requires RMA!

O11LCPS.jpg

3DShM2y.jpg

And finally,I welcome E22 to this build! Nate has supplied me with my usual Ultraclear again,It is my usual for a very good reason...

H5gndAM.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
nice paint job on the mobo

Needs more Magoo.

Looks lush as usual.

Everything is better with more Magoo....

But in the meantime...

I got the RAM today,a total bargain of Amazon!
4x4Gb of Crucial Ballistix 1600 (Remember this is a gaming PC),I know these sticks can hit [email protected] with some tweaking so I think I had a result!

Obviously,the stickers are staying till I test them,I am normally lucky with hardware but RAM....well.....you know....

DOLxbVD.jpg

If only both sides were like this......

CdTtzxq.jpg

w2zqDQN.jpg

DkTZnFR.jpg

Now,because the branding is discreet,im in a quandary...Do i marble DIMMS or just leave them vanilla?

l0NMMoo.jpg

NmkuyeD.jpg

Sq2nbW6.jpg

734SEPs.jpg

My head says yes..and some stripes in the recesses to boot but the black chunky HS look is hard to ignore....

Back
Top Bottom