Lyca mobile, no data whilst calling.

Soldato
Another issue that I had with LYCA is that when I moved from them, the PAC they gave me wouldn't work. I even rung them to make sure I was doing the right thing to get it. But, no, it just wouldn't work so I had to get a new number and then have the hassle of changing my number over on all of the online services I use :mad:

Associate
It’s cheap and includes roaming which is why I put up with it.

You’ll pay twice as much on EE for less data and no roaming.

The challenge is finding a value provider on a good network which also includes roaming.
Cheap was why I went with them. I figured it's still EE, it should be fine :D

I've been really lucky and managed to get unlimited calls and texts with 100Gb data for £10.50 per month and that's back with EE directly. Just waiting for my number to be ported back some time tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Associate
Earlier on a was doing online banking and I didn't receive my OTP. I tried 4 times.

My switch from Lyca to EE completed about an hour ago and the four OTP came through.

Soldato
Earlier on a was doing online banking and I didn't receive my OTP. I tried 4 times.

My switch from Lyca to EE completed about an hour ago and the four OTP came through.
That’s not abnormal on switchover day.

SMS is via the 2G network.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s cheap and includes roaming which is why I put up with it.

You’ll pay twice as much on EE for less data and no roaming.

The challenge is finding a value provider on a good network which also includes roaming.

I pay £11 on EE for 100GB of data, which is enough for me.

No roaming though - the odd bill costs me an extra £10-£20 if I’m away, but personally worth it to not deal with the headache of poor service.

I tried ID mobile but had endless issues with not having data even though it would show full 4G or 5G signal.

Associate
Thank you for this. What is the offer you are getting from them?
Hi, just to update you all on the issue with Lyca mobiles data cutting out when on a call.

Lyca mobile have confirmed to me that EE have blocked all simultaneous calls and data. No matter what phone you use. Lyca keeps blaming customers phones and repeatedly telling me to activate VOLTE.

I've complained about it, as they should have this information on their website.

This isn't the case.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom