Maeving RM1S - 70mph / 80mi range electric motorbike - Heresy?

Associate
Title says it all really, Maeving have just announced their RM1S, an electric motorbike that can get up to 70mph and up to 80mi range.

https://maeving.com/collections/bikes

They're £7.5k, compared to the £5k of the RM1, which was limited to 45mph.
It's a really curious proposition. If they were a bit cheaper and I would use it more than just occasionally popping out in the summer, or if I lived in a city, I'd genuinely be tempted. For me, though, the noise and smell of a bike is "part" of motorcycling, so I definitely get that a lot of people won't like them.

They do look rather stylish though!

What do you all think?

Caporegime
Bike thieves will love you if you buy one.

you can buy a normal motor bike for a lot less than 7.5k anyway and have more speed, and more range

Only dirt bikes make any sense being electric in my mind, then I'd still rather have the big noise

I actually think they look quite cool in a kind of retro way but the specs just don't do it for me. I'd love to try an EV bike but I'd want something beefier.

looks like a bad idea, do the batteries have their own roll cage or something to protect from impact damage?
5600WH battery between my legs no thanks...

Hope the whole system has at least UL Certification.

Battery tech is moving on fast it seems as well, if their batteries are using some proprietary can bus system there's no guarantee you will still be able to buy a spare battery in 5 years time.

They probably are like the bicycle manufacturers who never keep anything compatible across generations, any new higher density batteries will be only for the new models etc

They all want the apple fanboy model where people buy a n ew one ever year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom