Manor Lords

Caporegime
On The Edge mode.
Survival all attacks and reach large town.

Do raiders actually attack? I had the 365day countdown, it said bandits or whatever had been spotted but about 2 months have passed and I never saw any troops on the map yet?

Is this mode broken or do I just need to play longer?

I know they attack fine in the other mode with the off map barons.

The dev should add an online leaderboard for speed running to end game, but have it reset every month.

Could be a fun challenge to keep people interested until its fleshed out more.

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Strange the game hasn't been updated at all since launch..

It's one guy, so it's not quite like a game with any half decent sized team or above. He'll have probably taken a break for release (to help with stress) then I imagine he'll hire staff / bed them in.

I'd start expecting updates that aren't minor balance ones for a couple of months yet.

Soldato
This reminds me of the era when on occasion you used to get a Demo CD with PC Pro/Gamer and you had a decent chunk of a massively awaited game that you could play for hours but was still a good few months or years away from the final release.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can access the new patch now on Steam (although it's experimental so not fully tested and signed off yet)

------------------------
Highlights of Changes
------------------------

My first goal was to fix all the most common reported issues:

- The rate of Hildebolt's claims
- The famous "None" people spawning in huge numbers and refusing to do any work
- The clogged Trading Posts
- The game being stuck at the summary screen after a victory / game over
- Very weak archer damage
- Inefficient sawpits which also triggered "generic storage full" problem banners
- Problems with optimizations in large cities (still some work to do here)
- Inefficient marketplace supply
- Problems with farming, like crops erasing in the winter & inefficient harvests
- Too harsh oversupply/undersupply systems
- People and/or livestock staying homeless even though there is living space in the settlement
- Overly high ale consumption

Additionally, to make trading between Regions easier, I made sure that the
players can use Trading Posts to trade between their own regions
without using Barter / Pack Stations.

Each good type now has a switch that disables trading it with Free Merchants / Tradepoints in case the players wants to only trade with another Region. The displayed import price will adjust dynamically, showing the lowest possible price found (and NA or not available if there is no good of this type anywhere to be found).

Trade related development branches were nerfed drastically because players argued that it made the game too easy.

Whenever a person dies, there is a 30 day mourning period that blocks growth. You can now preview this in the Building Panel of the Burgage Plot or by pressing TAB.

Carried corpses now have a visual representation.

New upgraded retinue armor variations were added.

I reimplemented a mechanic called "Annual Royal Tax" or "King's Tax" (still deciding on the naming). It's a tax that is collected from the Treasury once per year, goes to the King, that is calculated per resident and in theory should slightly punish bad workplace optimization and make it more difficult to hoard huge amounts of cash.

The Large Granary building got a rework. The doors now properly animate.

A new unit patron was added - St. Maurice

-------

There's a full patch notes in the link above. Looks like they've been working hard, I'm pleasantly surprised with all the changes so soon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Loads of changes

If you'd like to try it, please follow these steps:
  • Open Steam
  • Right-click on Manor Lords in your library
  • Select Properties
  • Go to BETAS tab
  • Enter the password: veryNiceBasket
  • Choose "pre_release" from the "Beta participation" drop-down list
  • Wait for the game to update the files (if nothing happens, restart the Steam client)
  • Launch the game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom