Matx motherboard in atx case with vertical gpu

Associate
Hi, I am soon going to build my first gaming pc. I already know a lot, but I have a question. If I got the lian li 011 dynamic evo or a similar atx mid tower case, would I be able to vertically mount a gpu with a micro atx motherboard? (With a riser cable of course) the gpu is the 7800xt

Permabanned
FWIW, I personally can't see it mattering mate, I have a MATX in a mid tower ATX case, and the PCI-E slot/rear GPU panels, still line up in the same place as ATX, and the case also supports vertical mounting, which still lines up.
I'm 90% sure this will be the case for any case that supports ATX/MATX :)

It's just the ATX is longer at the bottom of the motherboard for more PCI-E slots etc etc? So that's why MATX motherboards fit ATX cases? Yet to see one that doesn't - I could be wrong, pretty sure on I'm right though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Also sorry ik it’s kinda later on but would the riser cable be more visible than if it was just an atx mb?
If I understand you right, then no you probably wont see it due to the mass of the gpu blocking it when connected based on it being at the side you don't see, like how you don't see the PCI-E slot, but I could be wrong so best to ask around on here as I don't own the riser or that case if that makes sense visually.

Back
Top Bottom