McDonald’s general discussion

Soldato
Thread for McDonald’s chat.

Prompted by my local McD’s being pretty rubbish. It now takes at least 5 - 10 minutes to get through the drive through, regardless of what time of day it is.

Similarly, nearly every time I go they ask me to pull up to the second food window or park in the car park to get my food as they take so long to prepare it. Problem is the car park has about 30 spaces and is almost always full.

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D

Soldato
Thread for McDonald’s chat.

Prompted by my local McD’s being pretty rubbish. It now takes at least 5 - 10 minutes to get through the drive through, regardless of what time of day it is.

Similarly, nearly every time I go they ask me to pull up to the second food window or park in the car park to get my food as they take so long to prepare it. Problem is the car park has about 30 spaces and is almost always full.

Thanks for listening to my rant. :D
At least you know your food is probably being prepped fresh (for McDonald’s standards)

Soldato
Yep, not fast by any stretch and barely even classified as food. Over cooked and dry, even when placing custom orders

5guys all day!

Soldato
At least you know your food is probably being prepped fresh (for McDonald’s standards)
Still ends up a rubbery, dry mess in my (admittedly limited) experience. Thing is, it's not even cheap these days so I don't want to keep testing it out in the hope I get a mediocre burger instead of a **** one.

Soldato
OP
Yes, it’s true that it is usually warm at least. I can remember the lukewarm lottery when they used to just cook loads of stuff up and place it on the rack. It does also cut down waste.

Did still end up with a slightly stale bun tonight.

Soldato
It's not even good hangover food. I think the best time for it is when you're ****ed as a fart and your taste buds are nonexistent, with beer googles fullly fitted, and hungry as ****.

Last edited:
Associate
I go through phases with it. I find the normal menu underwhelming, even for the price, so wait until there's something exciting as a special. Then I order the special, and it's typically bland trash, so it seems overpriced, so I think I'm better of getting something cheap. Then I get something cheap, and we're back to the beginning again.

Soldato
Ever since they did that Grey/Yellow redesign with the screens for order numbers and the table service it's gone to complete ****. Slower than a chinese/indian that cooks your order fresh most of the time. The delivery apps haven't helped either, I was in one yesterday and there was a constant stream of delivery guys coming in and picking up 3-4 bags of orders slowing everything to a halt for the people in there waiting. The Drive thru is a bit quicker but half the time the queue is spilling out on to the main road where I'm from.

Last edited:
Associate
The one nearest to us always tells you to park up to wait after going through the drive-through and then they forget you're there. Not sure if it's some master plan to stop people using the drive-through but if it is... it worked, I just order inside now :p

The food is bad but I still can't resist it sometimes

Soldato
Not sure if I've had McDonald's this year. I've only had 5 guys once ever..

You can buy a BBQ, some high fat mince beef, and make your own 100% better, for 33% of the price and not feed capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom