Meta is DELETING all OCULUS accounts at the end of the month!

Associate
I know next to nothing about this but the thread title got me:

Meta is DELETEING all OCULUS accounts at the end of the month!​

What? Facebook deleting an account and declining a chance to mine a user of everything they are worth and a build a profile deeper than that person's consciousness even knows about themselves and monetising it?

Very unlikely, so I'm glad post #2 explained it and that the Meta leopard hasn't changed its spots!

Associate
I haven't received any email from Meta abouf this and I'm pretty sure I log in via Facebook so I should be ok I guess. Thanks for bringing it up OP btw.

Associate
Here is what I got:

Code:
Hi spoon,

On 31/10/2022, we emailed you regarding your Oculus account and the need to migrate to a Meta account to continue using Meta VR products. Your Oculus account is now scheduled for deletion on 29/03/2024.

If your Oculus account is deleted, you will no longer be able to use Meta Quest with your Oculus account and you won't be able to reactivate or retrieve anything from the account, including:

all of your apps and in-app purchases;
Existing app store credits
your achievements;
your friends list;
any content that you've created with your Oculus account.

To maintain access to the above listed items, you may need to migrate to a Meta account using the email address associated with your Oculus ID before 29 March 2024.

Learn more about Meta accounts here. You can go here to migrate to a Meta account using a web browser.

Note – you must use the email address associated with your Oculus account when going through this process to move your Oculus account data to your Meta account.

Thanks,

– The Meta Team

Last edited:
Associate
I would do it as a precaution - Meta will eventually (end of this year?) take over all of the original Oculus accounts so might as well do it now..

Soldato
I don't actually have a HMD at the moment (will pick up a used quest 2 sometime) , but I do have an account with a few purchases..... spose I need to do this runaround :/

Back
Top Bottom