• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Microstutter - fact or fiction? Let's find out once and for all...

Soldato
That shouldn't appear in the index, even if it does interrupt gameplay - the largest 2% of local frametime variations are culled to avoid exactly these kinds of infrequent paging/loading based issues. The frametime variation has to be at least fairly consistent in order to contribute to the index.

The idea was to examine the degree of microstutter only, rather than other kinds of longer timescale stutter.

Oh, no, that's not what I meant. I was trying to get across the short 'hiccups' he described were probably attributed to that (the autosave), although in retrospect it was a little off topic.

Soldato
Ah, this thread is back. :)

Might give a new round of tests on some (in relation to the m1730) new hardwarez I have to test

4870x2 + cfx
8800gtx + sli

on an i7 platform.

Associate
lay-z-boy - would love to see two 4870X2s in xfire especially on an i7 rig.
Mate of mine wants to get rid of his 4870X2 as it’s apparently overkill for his needs so i’m thinking about snagging it!

Out of interest, anyone running a similar rig to mine but using two 4870's in xfire instead of an X2?
That would make a nice comparison between onboard and individual xfire...

Back
Top Bottom