MIG-29 OVT - My favourite jet fighter. What's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
William said:
No you only have air defense.

180px-Boomerang.jpg

The closest thing you had was somthing built by the UK in the 1950s for an Austrialian specification.

Comically, in the 40s you had a prop thing called the Boomerang.

Owell, we still build submarines :p

For some reason, Jets>Subs

Associate
Fusion said:
Lightning.inflight.arp.750pix.jpg

A missile with wings. Capable of a fantastic rate of climb, 50,000ft/minute, and had an operating celing of over 80,000ft.

Not sure why we're discussing SR-71's and B-52's when the topic is jet fighters.

I'm with fusion - the last great british fighter.

Associate
Zip said:
We didnt make them though :(

The next lot of planes we get are F-22 Raptors :D :cool:

I'm not sure that's true... Last I heard, the Australian authorities were 'considering' their position regarding the procurement of the JSF. I'm not sure that the US will sell the F-22 to anyone in the immediate future...

Oh, I saw the MIG-29 OVT at Fairford the other week. Truely mind blowing, it was!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Wang Computer said:
I'm not sure that's true... Last I heard, the Australian authorities were 'considering' their position regarding the procurement of the JSF. I'm not sure that the US will sell the F-22 to anyone in the immediate future...

Oh, I saw the MIG-29 OVT at Fairford the other week. Truely mind blowing, it was!

AFAIK we had something like 12-20 on order :confused:

Soldato
I came in here with my mind set on a GR4 Harrier.. but now.. All of the F series fighters from 14 upwards just look awesome, along with the Vulcan and Tornado..

If theres one thing we can learn from this thread albeit probably not learning it but reinforcing it is that..

Jet Fighters are COOL

Man of Honour
OP
gord said:
I came in here with my mind set on a GR4 Harrier.. but now.. All of the F series fighters from 14 upwards just look awesome, along with the Vulcan and Tornado..

If theres one thing we can learn from this thread albeit probably not learning it but reinforcing it is that..

Jet Fighters are COOL
That's the only conclusion I've been able to come to as well.

Associate
gord said:
Jet Fighters are COOL
Yep. The louder the better tbh. :D

Farnborough was a toss up between the Eurofighter and the Tornado for ear splitting noise just before take-off.

Have to say though, nine Red Arrow's Hawk's on full throttle waiting for clearance was pretty loud too. :p

The Vulcan however was in a class of its own back in the day. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom