Mini PC AMD Ryzen

Soldato
Will Ocuk bring in stock of mini pc for AMD Ryzen as I don't want to purchase directly from Hong Kong or China like minisform for example. Surely UK should have their own mini pc to build as I was surprised Ocuk don't do it for some reason?

Man of Honour
Are you looking for something specific? there are loads of reputable brands and sellers for mini PCs on Amazon and often deals on so prices aren't too terrible.

EDIT: I doubt OcUK would invest in developing something ground up so you'd have to look at likely Chinese linked brands like Minisforum and Beelink, etc. anyhow.

Last edited:
Soldato
@bulldog147 I bought my AMD 5600G based miniforums pc on Amazon....pretty sure it was even cheaper than their own site at the time.

As above OCUK is not going to invest in what is quite a niche area.

Soldato
Surely would it not be more preferable to build your own? There are literally tons of options out there. You could source a case, maybe PSU but then support OcUK and buy the rest of the kit from them?

Associate
Am I being paranoid? You hear stories of these cheap Chinese Android streaming boxes coming with unwanted extras has this ever been reported for these cheap Chinese Windows PCs?

Soldato
Am I being paranoid? You hear stories of these cheap Chinese Android streaming boxes coming with unwanted extras has this ever been reported for these cheap Chinese Windows PCs?
A PC is easy to wipe though, so even if there was some Chinesium deathware on it, a fresh install from a known safe ISO solves the issue.

Unless there's some weirdo chip in there too or some custom BIOS to embed something.

Soldato
Unless there's some weirdo chip in there too or some custom BIOS to embed something.
which is always a possibility, think IDRAC/HP Lights out as example of what could be done if wanted.

that said, they found chinese manufactured chips in military hardware something like below

risk vs rewards ect. its unfortuantly hard to beat some of the cheapist manufactured goods that come from certain areas of the globe.

Man of Honour

I'd definitely not buy lesser known/generic brands, the more established ones like Beelink will be under more scrutiny and less likely to be an issue. Still possible for some kind of backdoor/BIOS functionality left dormant in there though :s I've used a bunch of the better known brands and there is nothing actively running.

Back
Top Bottom