Mini PC keeps crashing/freezing

Associate
Hi all,

I bought a little HP ProDesk 400 G6 Core i7-9700 3 - SSD 256 GB - 32GB, and use it with Blue Iris CCTV software, and for the kids to game and do schoolwork on, which they do very rarely so it's usually sat just running blue iris most of the time. I added a 4TB WD purple HD for the camera recordings.

Problem is every few days, it'll just freeze and lock up. Needs a hard reboot this way and wont respond to any key presses. How can I work out why it's doing this. What kind of scans/tests/logs to look into to work out what fix is needed.

Thanks.

Associate
Think I would start with memtest to check if the RAM has any issues.

Was it locking up at all before you added the WD Purple HDD? If so has it become more frequent?

Associate
OP
I added the hd straight away as soon as I got it, so don't know. I was thinking of booting it up and closing down blue iris in case that writing to the hd was causing problems. Nothing else should be using the WD drive. I'll search out a memtest too. Any particular one there best?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, ran Ycruncher for an hour stress testing and that seemed fine. Just downloaded OCCT and runnning a stress test on that. Will check c-states in BIOS once thats done later. Best way to check for a memory leak from Blue Iris?

Soldato
Thanks, ran Ycruncher for an hour stress testing and that seemed fine. Just downloaded OCCT and runnning a stress test on that. Will check c-states in BIOS once thats done later. Best way to check for a memory leak from Blue Iris?
I just looked in task manager noted initial ram usage
From blue iris
Checked it every now and then
And it just kept increasing constantly

Back
Top Bottom