Mobo and CPU

Soldato
If you need it cheap, as mickyflinn has suggested above, post a wanted thread in the MM section.

You could probably get a Ryzen 2xxxG or 3xxxG series chip and basic mobo under £100 i would hope. A Ryzen 3 - 3200G chip went for £30 few months back. Should have no probs using your DDR4 RAM.

Soldato
OP
If you need it cheap, as mickyflinn has suggested above, post a wanted thread in the MM section.

You could probably get a Ryzen 2xxxG or 3xxxG series chip and basic mobo under £100 i would hope. A Ryzen 3 - 3200G chip went for £30 few months back. Should have no probs using your DDR4 RAM.

Cannot get onto MM due to issue many many years ago. Have asked but been refused entry...

Its my daughters PC and a new motherboard and ram is required. Obviously i dont want to spend a lot but she needs it for school work.

Current setup is Intel CPU.

Associate
Have you tried looking at the dell/lenovo 1l pc's can be had cheap aroumd £80. I use them when im messing with one of my hardline loops so I dont have to rush putting them back together.

Soldato
Cannot get onto MM due to issue many many years ago. Have asked but been refused entry...

Its my daughters PC and a new motherboard and ram is required. Obviously i dont want to spend a lot but she needs it for school work.

Current setup is Intel CPU.
Ah right ok fair enough.

You could still look for something like a Ryzen 3 3200G and then just need to source a AM4 board, something like a B450/B550 which should be cheap 2nd hand. Would allow option to upgrade CPU later on if needing more power later on.

Not sure these days what other companies can be named here, but CEX could be an option and would give some warranty. Otherwise could try the usual online places.

Looks like the mini-itx sized boards are selling for more of a premium 2nd hand online.

Soldato
OP
Ah right ok fair enough.

You could still look for something like a Ryzen 3 3200G and then just need to source a AM4 board, something like a B450/B550 which should be cheap 2nd hand. Would allow option to upgrade CPU later on if needing more power later on.

Not sure these days what other companies can be named here, but CEX could be an option and would give some warranty. Otherwise could try the usual online places.

Looks like the mini-itx sized boards are selling for more of a premium 2nd hand online.

Yes, they are quite expensive

Soldato
Might be better off looking at Intel options then. I can see a ASRock H310CM-HDV online for just shy of £80 (8th/9th gen Intel). Would give lots of cheap CPU options.

Back
Top Bottom