Monitor Advice Based on PC Specs

Associate
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2nd hand PC and unsure what size/resolution/mhz monitor to go for

This will be for FPS gaming - Valorant, Overwatch and some League of Legends
My head is fried with conflicting info regarding screens/resolutions and potential bottlenecks and high demand on the PC components having to work at 100% to push the data thro to screen.

Could you advise what to go for and any reasoning behind the choice please.

PC Specs
Gigabyte X570- Mini ITX mobo
Ryzen 5900x CPU (I might undervolt it slightly just for longevity and temps)
Ryugin 240mm AIO for the Above
Zotac RTX 2080 Amp Extreme 8gb GPU (Same as CPU i may undervolt it just for longevity/temps)
2x16gb 3600mhz Corsair Pro Ram
1tb NVME Sabrent SSD

Thanks for taking time to respond in advance....appreciate it :)

Associate
OP
Thanks Micky,

Budget maybe something up to £500 mark but suppose best bang for buck/cheaper if there is such a thing......Would i really notice the difference between a £250 to a £500 screen in real life.

So 1440p 144hz would be better visually but for gaming the difference between you getting shot or the enemy then 1080p(?hz) would give me the edge (sorry if that analogy was way off of my understanding of res/refresh) haha

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks Micky,

So 1440p 144hz would be better visually but for gaming the difference between you getting shot or the enemy then 1080p(?hz) would give me the edge (sorry if that analogy was way off of my understanding of res/refresh) haha
Not really it's only the higher refresh rate monitor like 240hz may give some a miniscule advantage if that,1080p is so you can achieve those high FPS.

Example 240hz can run 240fps max .

Nice suggestion above but I do like the lg monitor for the money, always read reviews to get further information

Back
Top Bottom