Monitor Arm Recommendation

Associate
Unsure if this should be in this forum or moved to a different category - but it is directly linked to monitors!

Does anyone know of / use monitor arms that allow you to interchange either monitor as a primary monitor?

i.e. you have monitor 1 (27" 1440p 165hz) straight on and monitor 2 (24" 1080p 240hz) to the right - but you can also move monitor 2 to be the straight on primary monitor and monitor 1 away to the left out of the way.

Most monitor arms that I can find don't tend to offer a primary monitor switch but I was hoping someone had used or found something similar and could offer some help.

The other option would be possibly getting 2 separate monitor arms with quite long arms so I can have more flexibility but it's a lot less clean doing it that way. Appreciate any help!

Associate
I’m in the same boat, I like to switch between a 24 and 27, I have a single arm I’m going to set up this week, and will probably get a second one rather than dual. My reason might be a bit different, I have an Ikea desk so not sure it’ll take the weight of a dual monitor.

I’m debating getting my sister to send me some black Alex drawers from Sweden and getting a solid top then I’d look at dual. Didn’t stop to think you might not be able to move one monitor out of the way and centre the other.

Associate
OP
Mine supports this - CBS Ollin now sold by Herman Miller. Pricey but great arm.
Just had a look - definitely seems like this would do exactly what I'm after.

On the pricey side for sure but if it ends up being monitor arms that I don't change for 10 years then I can probably justify the cost! Thanks for this.

Back
Top Bottom