Monitor for work and gaming (£1k ish) budget

Associate
Hello,

I need to replace two old 24" monitors, which are used for work only. With either one or two new monitors, to use for work and gaming. Will I be better off with a single monitor that provides the same "real estate" as the two 24" monitors. Or am I better off with two new 27" monitors. Would like a 4k monitor/s with high refresh rate and have a budget of around £1k.

Have had a look but the options are endless so am hoping I can get some advice here.

With a super wide screen, can I play games at a smaller ratio?
Is the difference between IPS and OLED that big a deal with gaming?
Will a 1440p screen be noticeably worse than a 4k screen when gaming?

Associate
Hello you'd be able to get a Samsung 49" Ultrawide OLED once you use some discount codes for probably £1100 give or take if that'd interest you, 5120x1440 and you can use it as a 2560x1440 27" display as well if you want to.

There are other options like getting a good 1440p high refresh rate oled screen as well or 4K 240hz which will still fit into your budget as well, you have a lot of options if you know what you actually want.

I think there is a difference with 1440p and 4K but only if you have them side by side to compare directly, otherwise what you don't know doesn't kill you :)

but if you plan on keeping this monitor for a long long time, 4K OLED monitor from Alienware = AW3225QF

feels like the best compromise and fits right into your budget as long as you don't mind it being a curved monitor (otherwise wait for some rival 4K 240hz monitors) to come to market next month

another issue could be your sensitivity to text fringing, in which case perhaps an ips monitor is better for working all day (I didn't really have an issue with it myself) but some people do, if that's the case you can get a very nice ips monitor instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom