• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Monitor MHz and GPU FPs (Gsync and freesync)

Soldato
can someone here explain to me the relationship between gos and MHz on monitors. Is there a relationship between the graphics card power and the MHz if the monitor.

Associate
The htz of the monitor is the maximum it can display in terms of FPS.

So if you have a 60htz monitor and a graphics card capable of delivering 200 fps on your favourite game, you are only going to see 60 of those frames and essentially waste the other 140.

Gsync is Nvdia and freesync is AMD, so good idea to try and match your monitor to your GPU. They try and sync up the frames your GPU is outputting to the monitor so you don’t get juttery performance and screen tearing.

The resolution you’re going to play in and the amount of frames you hope to achieve really dictates what graphics cards you should be looking at. As well as your wallet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Alan Wake 2, Robocop and Cyberpunk, there are loads games that cant touch 120fps, a few even drop below 60fps, i like to have all the bells and whistles on in my games, i play on my 120hz 4K Oled, and even my 4K 60hz monitor until i get a new monitor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom