Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Caporegime
I was gonna go with Monzo but there are too many flags for my liking. Waiting list, no bank account, and now I read some of the things in this thread and it's a massive nope from me. I need to set up my Starling stuff and give that a go.

Soldato
Pairing Starling with a Curve card works well in situations where the Starling card goes wrong but then the transaction is a generic one and isn't categorised in the app.

Soldato
Never had a problem with Starling and ATMs, so far I've used in Spain, UK, Italy, Malta, Greece, every single transaction and ATM withdrawal has gone through fine which has been better than my previous Barclays or Co-op accounts.

Any machine that takes Mastercard (practically all of them, or at least i've never seen one that didn't) will work fine.

Soldato
Turns out golden tickets are still a thing, I just got one. If anyone wants it let me know.

Also signed up to Starling, I'm pretty impressed with it so far and considering switching fully.

Soldato
Never had a problem with Starling and ATMs, so far I've used in Spain, UK, Italy, Malta, Greece, every single transaction and ATM withdrawal has gone through fine which has been better than my previous Barclays or Co-op accounts.

Any machine that takes Mastercard (practically all of them, or at least i've never seen one that didn't) will work fine.

LINK only or NoteMachine ATMs have issues. It is beta and some vendors have an outdated BIN database so the odd failure is expected.

I like Starling but IMO it's not at the stage where I'd consider a full switch.

Soldato
LINK only or NoteMachine ATMs have issues. It is beta and some vendors have an outdated BIN database so the odd failure is expected.

I like Starling but IMO it's not at the stage where I'd consider a full switch.

Yeah I have Starling as my second account. Useful for travel.

I still haven’t found any reason to upgrade my Monzo, not used it in over a year and my wife last used hers in May last year when we were in Thailand.

Soldato
Hi all,

I would like to move my current account to one of the new banks which are event driven rather than batch processing. Looking for feedback on your experiences with the above.

I do have a Monzo account at the moment but the lack of CASS (switching service) makes me hesitant so I've not really used it. Is there anything they offer which makes them better than Starling?

Thanks

Associate
I’ve got revolut through the whole bitcoin shenanigans but while it’s not a fully fledged bank account per se it’s quite impressive.

My friend has mondo and says he doesn’t use it much anymore..

Virgin moneys online offering later this year should be interesting as it’s a totally new system..they are also offering a business account soon.

Soldato
The old high street banks such as Natwest, Santander etc only display transactions in your account the day or two after the transaction took place. With the new event driven banks like Monzo and Starling, you get a notification almost immediately after using your card. They also have other nice features on their phone apps such as savings pots etc.

Caporegime
The old high street banks such as Natwest, Santander etc only display transactions in your account the day or two after the transaction took place. With the new event driven banks like Monzo and Starling, you get a notification almost immediately after using your card. They also have other nice features on their phones such as savings pots etc.

I use Revolut card like many abroad and the transaction processing is great.
Would be interested too.

Do you get same financial security as in UK banks through government.

Back
Top Bottom