MotoGP 2016

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well that was Bizarre, ide love to be a fly on the wall in the Duc garage when Dovi/Iannone make it back, cos I suspect there's going to be some cross words. :p

Soldato
pedrosa "it was hard at the back , they where doing some crazy lines'' hand movements of zigzagging madness included. hahaha.

Associate
A bit disappointed that Rossi wasn't as fast on his second bike, would have loved to see more of a battle with MM.

Gutted for Redding, might of got third.:(

What a result at the end though,:eek: crazy race.:D

Associate
No, they all have to run the Same ECU's now and Cal got the latest reverse running RC213V motor at the last race

Same ECU yes, but the programming will not be the latest HRC revision I'd have thought. I know these are simplified ECU know from what they were using last year. But there will still be a lot of gains and loses in the way the ECU is programmed

I didn't realise he was on the latest bike already, last I read he was saying it wouldn't be available for the first few races.

Soldato
Bit of a shame Rossi didn't have the pace on his second bike, was shaping up to be really good for the lead, crazy that the Duc's took each other out, was kinda thinking it might happen but on the other hand surely you're a bit more sensible around your teammate, unless you Iannone :p

Lorenzo is still terribad at changeable conditions, you'd think he would've got used to them by now, I guess if it's only one or two races a year and you can nail the dry races it's not so big an issue.

Did anyone else watch the Moto3/2 races? Moto3 was mental, the winner was incredible.

Soldato
OP
Same ECU yes, but the programming will not be the latest HRC revision I'd have thought. I know these are simplified ECU know from what they were using last year. But there will still be a lot of gains and loses in the way the ECU is programmed

I didn't realise he was on the latest bike already, last I read he was saying it wouldn't be available for the first few races.

its doesn't work that way anymore, they all use the same ECU and software provided by Dorna and magneti marelli.
no one can add too or update the Software. if a team finds a problem or wants an extra feature, they have to submit it to magneti marelli for maybe a future update, but when its added all the teams get it and not just the team that asked for it.
its a lot fairer this way and stops the works teams having there own special software like last year.

2016 MotoGP electronics - agreed principles:
* A single official MotoGP ECU software for engine and chassis control will be mandatory on all machines.

* The official MotoGP ECU hardware will be mandatory on all machines.

* All sensors and acquisition devices connected to the ECU must be homologated (ie. supplier, price and availability is the same for all MotoGP teams), with the following exceptions:

I. Non-homologated sensors are permitted for testing and for free practice sessions at events. Only homologated sensors may be used for Qualifying and Race.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lorenzo to make Ducati switch

Lorenzo to make Ducati switch
interesting update on the Rumour..
Reigning MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo looks odds on to become a Ducati rider for the 2017 and 2018 MotoGP seasons, ending a long and lucrative partnership with Yamaha.

MCN understands that the move, which has been speculated about for weeks, is now believed to be a verbally done deal and there will be an official announcement of the tie-up between the three-time MotoGP champion and the Italian manufacturer when the championship returns to Europe at Jerez in three weeks time.

Rumours in Argentina last weekend claim Ducati has prepared a highly lucrative offer for the Spaniard, backed by the combined finances of long-time sponsor tobacco giant Phillip Morris and of owners Audi, both of whom are keen to see the team win races and championships.

Soldato
Interesting move if true...

Will Lorenzo's style suit the Ducati? If not he doesn't seem to be the best at adapting his style (See early last year where he was way off his usual level as he didn't get on with something), so if it doesn't suit his riding style will he be yet another victim of the Ducati :p

And where do Yamaha go for the replacement, you've got Pol but is it really worth it, or maybe try to poach the likes of Vinales, or go to Moto2 with maybe Rins, Lowes or Zarco? Be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom